7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
February 9, 2020, 4:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 73
Good second half.  Much better team to watch now but luck still not falling for us  Watch the free kick at the end in slow mo.  Hanson's header hits the defenders hand. And his hands are all over the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2020, 6:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Mayaman
Good second half.  Much better team to watch now but luck still not falling for us  Watch the free kick at the end in slow mo.  Hanson's header hits the defenders hand. And his hands are all over the place.

I though the same. No appeal from the players but it should have been a pen shouldn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
aldi_01
February 9, 2020, 8:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Zero reason to mention the first half.

Second half both sides picked up, Grandin showed that he should be the likely replacement for Clifton, Vernam had another decent game, but for an amazing challenge would’ve no doubt given us the lead.

Can argue all day long about their goal but either way it was poor from us, much like our equaliser, well worked by us but they’ll be fuming.

Chance to win it at the end and on a different day it goes in.

Draw was fair given neither side probably deserved to win.

Vernam, Grennon and Grandin impressed me, Clifton was poor on the whole again, Hanson still confuses me but I guess football is all about opinions. Waterfall wasn’t great but he had been out so could be down to ring rust.

Tuesday will be a huge challenge, I think we have the character to get something but they’re a decent side at home.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
dapperz fun pub
February 9, 2020, 8:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
We now look like a decent team with decent players , Glennon Vernam particularly stood out for me but others look the part also.unfortunately Clifton looked and I hate to say it poor but he did take a knock early
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
Northbank Mariner
February 9, 2020, 8:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Felt a bit for Clifton yesterday, bringing on Gradin, Benson being a class above and Whitehouse showing massive improvement unfortunately gave me a dose of reality.
Clifton ain't that good, he's a battler, has a great engine and gives 110% every game but he just can't pass a ball...twice he had simple passes to put us through and he ballsed it up...on top of that he's forever having to make challenges to get the ball back after he's lost it.
Really hoping Holloway can work with him and improve him but I suspect his spot on the team sheet will be taken up by Gradin once he's fully match fit.
Yes, he's one of own and for that fact alone i really want Harry to be a success...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
Hagrid
February 9, 2020, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Harrys had a lot of chances now and he isnt taking them, its harsh but true.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
MuddyWaters
February 9, 2020, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Felt a bit for Clifton yesterday, bringing on Gradin, Benson being a class above and Whitehouse showing massive improvement unfortunately gave me a dose of reality.
Clifton ain't that good, he's a battler, has a great engine and gives 110% every game but he just can't pass a ball...twice he had simple passes to put us through and he ballsed it up...on top of that he's forever having to make challenges to get the ball back after he's lost it.
Really hoping Holloway can work with him and improve him but I suspect his spot on the team sheet will be taken up by Gradin once he's fully match fit.
Yes, he's one of own and for that fact alone i really want Harry to be a success...

I think we all want Harry to be a success but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that he’s not of the level that Ollie is looking for.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
monkeyboy
February 9, 2020, 9:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Why was Ohman dropped, bit harsh for me as he has been good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
February 9, 2020, 9:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from monkeyboy

Any number of reasons I suppose.  Three games in a week or a slight knock or keen to get waterfall up to speed with all the games to come.

Generally speaking though it is refreshing to see Ollie gradually re-shaping the team without wholesale changes in a random way.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
thefish
February 9, 2020, 9:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from monkeyboy

To be fair, I thought the two centre backs had great games today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.