TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 6, 2020, 7:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rik e B
And in what division Ron, and what finances you have available compared to your rivals etc etc.

So stats can be very misleading. You could manage a perennial struggler just surviving in the Premiership  and have a pretty garbage win record but be a massive success relatively.

Exactly my point Rik. 49.5% mostly in the National League with a bloody good budget and crowds is the least you'd expect and 6 years to get up is a lot longer than you'd expect. But that win % looks good on a CV.

Is Daniel Farke a bad manager? His % has nosedived this season. Are Norwich fans calling for his head?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
Rik e B
February 6, 2020, 8:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Bigdog

You've just described Eddie Howe. I don't think there's a football fan on earth that would say that he's done anything other than a remarkable job at Bournemouth..

Was gonna say Howe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
AndyGTFC
February 6, 2020, 8:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
He’s had a very solid career. What do you expect him to have done?

If I look at Sir Alan’s stats on Wikipedia they are very similar, and he’s not been great away from here. But you’re not going to excrement on his career, are you? Course not. He’s a legend regardless. Managers that are around years and at unfashionable clubs will always have ups and downs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
Patrick kavanagh
February 6, 2020, 8:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Hi Pat, can you remember when I accidentally trapped your fingers in our door in Selge way? Hope you are well old friend 👍

Certainly can Chris, you're mum was in one of the neighbours, it was rather tender for a bit, hope you are keeping well mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 6, 2020, 9:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 117
Well I am very happy its all got you talking again about how good Ollie is.

Its amazing what can happen when you dangle a little carrot in front of the donkeys.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
Squinter
February 6, 2020, 9:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9

Its amazing what can happen when you dangle a little carrot in front of the donkeys.  

Take your little carrot and Kleenex off to bed, you've got school in the morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
fishboyUTM
February 6, 2020, 9:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Absolute nonsense. I am incredibly pleased, delighted and amazed we have Ian Holloway as our manager. It is a hell of a coup for the club and the town. I don't doubt his commitment and I can't wait to see him progress our club. I love his interviews, his positivity and his ideas on how the game should be played, the attacking football, especially after the last couple of clowns who almost bored me to death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
MuddyWaters
February 6, 2020, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

Well I’m sure you’ve had your fun tonight with your little carrot. Hopefully, you’ve done your homework and Mummy didn’t find the stains on your sheets.

In the interim, and in the absence of applications from Klopp and Guardiola, we’ll make do with Ollie.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
arryarryarry
February 6, 2020, 11:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116

Don't forget to keep a tissue handy, you don't want to mess your keyboard.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 7, 2020, 12:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ginnywings
Wayne Burnett's jockstrap and Stevie Cammack, separated at birth. One appears as the other disappears.  

You think what you want. But you have no idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's Managerial record.......the reality

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.