FishOutOfWater
February 7, 2020, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mallyner
I was the only boy from Thrunscoe who passed the 11 plus that year and the only lad within half a mile of my house down Sandringham who went to Clee. Being chased daily for my Grammer snob cap certainly made me into a good runner and cyclist.

Similar story to mine, being a "Wintringham Snob" and having to run the gauntlet of a fair few lads from the Yarborough estate near my way home
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 30
Bigdog
February 7, 2020, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from It Bites
As you drive into GY on the a46 there is a faint reminder of years gone by . The words Bradley Boot Boys was sprayed on a wall ,must be 40 years ago and was removed a few years ago but you can still make it out . Does anyone have any info on who they were and if they were Town related ??

The full "slogan" painted on the long wall at Laceby bypass was something like..

ALL YORKIES PREPARE YOUR COFFINS    BOB IS OUR LEADER   BRADLEY BOOT BOYS KICK TO KILL

So I would guess it was football/Cleethorpes promenade Yorkie bashing on a Sunday related..

Had much less relevance when the M/A180 was opened..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
earwigo
February 7, 2020, 11:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +101
Mafia
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
TAGG
February 8, 2020, 1:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
PSM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 8, 2020, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from promotion plaice

I went to Beacon Hill/Matthew Humberston, I can remember a few skirmishes with Lindsey down Sandringham road at chuck out time.

For some reason I can't remember it kicking off with Lindsey but do remember it going off with havelock a few times

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
GYinScuntland
February 8, 2020, 8:44am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
As you pass under the railway bridge just as the road bends right before Keadby Bridge driving towards Scunthorpe on the A18 you can still see to this day 'pontoon boot boys' in white paint.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
1mickylyons
February 8, 2020, 10:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
There was a gang 70s era known as Brasco for Bradley and Scartho mainly scooter boys/mods and right into the early 90s the Bradley pub turned out some faces for most big Town away games. No doubt a few originals in amongst them. Imp Mob,Ice House gang,PSM,Willows,Wybers,Nunny,Humberston,Grant Thorald Park  amongst others all turned out good numbers at one time or another. When the Casuals came on the scene you had the GHS and the CBP with the Imp mob staying independent in the main. Not heard of the Bradley lot for a long time though think a few still have an odd day out with Nunny?Given nearly everyone is aged 50+ it`s hardly a surprise but still plenty of mental cases on the loose amongst Town`s ranks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
It Bites
February 8, 2020, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from GYinScuntland
As you pass under the railway bridge just as the road bends right before Keadby Bridge driving towards Scunthorpe on the A18 you can still see to this day 'pontoon boot boys' in white paint.

And Laws Out 😂
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
golfer
February 8, 2020, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
I was a member of The Bradley Boot boys -and although I went to Wintringham I was accepted into the group. Besides being a good footballer you had to frequent the Bradley Inn or have some other attributes. I did go into the Bradley a few times and knew  "Grizzly Grantham " and  "Donkey Davis " but I believe to this day that it was my good masculine looks and footballing skills that got me accepted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
grimps
February 8, 2020, 11:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 1mickylyons
There was a gang 70s era known as Brasco for Bradley and Scartho mainly scooter boys/mods and right into the early 90s the Bradley pub turned out some faces for most big Town away games. No doubt a few originals in amongst them. Imp Mob,Ice House gang,PSM,Willows,Wybers,Nunny,Humberston,Grant Thorald Park  amongst others all turned out good numbers at one time or another. When the Casuals came on the scene you had the GHS and the CBP with the Imp mob staying independent in the main. Not heard of the Bradley lot for a long time though think a few still have an odd day out with Nunny?Given nearly everyone is aged 50+ it`s hardly a surprise but still plenty of mental cases on the loose amongst Town`s ranks.

The football gangs were just part of the tribal way life was back then , most people lived , went to school and later drunk in their local areas and people didn’t used to move around so much .
These days kids live in one area and go to school the other side of town so the kids know each other from different parts of town a lot earlier in life .

The football mobs pretty much came together with odds and sods from all over town by the early 90s , I can’t ever really remember anyone claiming to be CBP or GHS ect from the 90s onwards , everyone just classed themselves as Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley Boot Boys

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.