Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity always rears it head
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Negativity always rears it head

This thread currently has 8,957 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
February 3, 2020, 6:29pm
Guest User
Its totally different great coates had so much opposition from so many people/factors. Peaks parkway was hated by many. Freemo is wanted by everyone, never known such a clean hymn sheet. Our kaiser is deputy of a council who can tick off a ground and help pay for it. Surely its not coincidence now that its for the first time everyones singing together. P. S we are talking bout freemo a place deprived but near everything a groun needs with everyone wanting it.
Reply: 10 - 70
moosey_club
February 3, 2020, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1098
I just dont get this towns negativity. 1. We have got ollie in who everyone loves 2. and fenty has said enough is enough lets sort the ground and move forward. Who cares where the money is coming from it wont come from my pocket and if  Mr fenty doesnt deliver then say your piece coz your right!! I woke up yesterday with headlines in local rag of rape and getaway drivers, today this and it is so much better, what more do people want. We have ollie on board fenty moving forward on board and no doubt council and businesses on board.... Please folks embrace it and help push it along dont let ginger crest newts win again. We are finally winning for once stop effing moaning lets hange for the better. Positivity will always win over negativity

1, Do they ?
2. Which he has said twice before, last time he said it, at least 2 yrs ago,  he was pictured at the proposed site promising a move in date within 5 yrs i seem to think...whilst also loudly dismissing Freemo as unsuitable.

I hope that the Freeman St site comes off, to me it ticks so many boxes but given the track record then cautious optimism is the best you will get from a large section of support.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
crusty ole pie
February 3, 2020, 6:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
I should imagine 10 million will be raised by the club in the form of grants, naming rights, sale of bp ect, the rest should be loaned by the council just like happened in Rotherham. Two summer concerts per year by big name artists will go a long way to repay that loan
Get it done UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
February 3, 2020, 6:54pm
Guest User
All im saying is AGAIN.  We have great news but people will rip it to shreds. If he doesnt build a ground your all right and i think most want to see it built. If he said no new ground we carry on there would be uproar. What do people want ffs tje main man wants to build a ground where most people do... But still people conjecture, if it doesnt happen now u know who to blame eh
Reply: 13 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2020, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 1098
All im saying is AGAIN.  We have great news but people will rip it to shreds. If he doesnt build a ground your all right and i think most want to see it built. If he said no new ground we carry on there would be uproar. What do people want ffs tje main man wants to build a ground where most people do... But still people conjecture, if it doesnt happen now u know who to blame eh

Great news is when the funds are in place,the plans have been given approval and building firms engaged.

I think most if not all Town fans want this to happen and this is an encouraging statement of intent but we need to be convinced it will actually happen.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
Bigdog
February 3, 2020, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I've got absolutely no qualms about SM and JF saddling the club with an unsustainable debt just to get the stadium built. Recklessness is just not in their nature. Where I am cautious though is the 20m plus figure bandied around for the stadium build. 20m doesn't get you much at all so we can forget about the wow factor. In fact 40m doesn't get you much either. a new pitch with drainage and heating costs the best part of 2m for a start. Brentford's new stadium is going to cost around 90m, so look at their pictures, it's not that amazing yet we're going to get nothing like that. We've been waiting so long that I'm resigned to having to look forward to any new bigger stadium that can take the club forward, but I don't think the GTFC board is packed with visionaries or experts on aesthetics, so I expect something functional and basic which will be much better than BP but still a distance away from the stadium of our dreams unfortunately..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
February 3, 2020, 7:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1098

Great news is a commodity which deteriorates with repetition. When fukcall happens...
Reply: 16 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2020, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Bigdog
I've got absolutely no qualms about SM and JF saddling the club with an unsustainable debt just to get the stadium built. Recklessness is just not in their nature. Where I am cautious though is the 20m plus figure bandied around for the stadium build. 20m doesn't get you much at all so we can forget about the wow factor. In fact 40m doesn't get you much either. a new pitch with drainage and heating costs the best part of 2m for a start. Brentford's new stadium is going to cost around 90m, so look at their pictures, it's not that amazing yet we're going to get nothing like that. We've been waiting so long that I'm resigned to having to look forward to any new bigger stadium that can take the club forward, but I don't think the GTFC board is packed with visionaries or experts on aesthetics, so I expect something functional and basic which will be much better than BP but still a distance away from the stadium of our dreams unfortunately..

I think Rotherham was £20 million, albeit a while ago and a bit smaller.  I have never been but it looks good.

I share your worries but hope Ollie steers the board away from anything too basic!

Poor bloke has the Hope's and dreams of the entire fan base resting on his shoulders (Ollie)
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Marinerz93
February 3, 2020, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Proof is in the pudding  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
moosey_club
February 3, 2020, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1098

Thats fine, you have swallowed the Freemo lure hook line and sinker, some people swallowed the great coates lure, some the PP lure, some the Docks lure.....see the doubters point ?
Again though just like a Hollywood producer, JF seems to bend the truth where it suits..."we have wasted two years because of Shutes"....no John....we have wasted over 15 yrs under your reign and endless promises about delivery.  JF within the last 12 months, maybe even 6 months ( i am sure ) still mentioned PP as being his site of choice,  despite there not being a single element in place to make it happen.  

He can't rewrite history, his views opinions etc regards the site are in print and on audio so now suddenly blaming Shutes for a delay is laughable when it was him pushing hard for PP and setting the parameters that ruled Freemo and every other site proposed out of the running.

I will gladly stop looking back when he has delivered. Until then i will remain as much a doubter as you are a believer. Right now the tide is on my side , lets see some bona fide plans, some agreements between the land holders, some hard planning applications, some guaranteed funding....not just hopeful words that it can be delivered in 3-5 yrs.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity always rears it head

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.