Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity always rears it head
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Negativity always rears it head

This thread currently has 8,962 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
February 3, 2020, 5:08pm
Guest User
I just dont get this towns negativity. We have got ollie in who everyone loves and fenty has said enough is enough lets sort the ground and move forward. Who cares where the money is coming from it wont come from my pocket and if  Mr fenty doesnt deliver then say your piece coz your right!! I woke up yesterday with headlines in local rag of rape and getaway drivers, today this and it is so much better, what more do people want. We have ollie on board fenty moving forward on board and no doubt council and businesses on board.... Please folks embrace it and help push it along dont let ginger crest newts win again. We are finally winning for once stop effing moaning lets hange for the better. Positivity will always win over negativity
Son of Cod
February 3, 2020, 5:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
It's not negativity to ask a perfectly valid question though, is it? We currently don't know where the vast majority of £20M+ is coming from, without that there won't be a ground. You're confusing being realistic with being negative, in my opinion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
February 3, 2020, 5:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1098
I just dont get this towns negativity. We have got ollie in who everyone loves and fenty has said enough is enough lets sort the ground and move forward. Who cares where the money is coming from it wont come from my pocket and if  Mr fenty doesnt deliver then say your piece coz your right!! I woke up yesterday with headlines in local rag of rape and getaway drivers, today this and it is so much better, what more do people want. We have ollie on board fenty moving forward on board and no doubt council and businesses on board.... Please folks embrace it and help push it along dont let ginger crest newts win again. We are finally winning for once stop effing moaning lets change for the better. Positivity will always win over negativity

Reply: 2 - 70
gytone
February 3, 2020, 5:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,025
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1098
I just dont get this towns negativity. We have got ollie in who everyone loves and fenty has said enough is enough lets sort the ground and move forward. Who cares where the money is coming from it wont come from my pocket and if  Mr fenty doesnt deliver then say your piece coz your right!! I woke up yesterday with headlines in local rag of rape and getaway drivers, today this and it is so much better, what more do people want. We have ollie on board fenty moving forward on board and no doubt council and businesses on board.... Please folks embrace it and help push it along dont let ginger crest newts win again. We are finally winning for once stop effing moaning letschange for the better. Positivity will always win over negativity

I couldn't agree more, its the same with the Town regeneration deal, just get the bloody thing started and done, christ knows the Town needs regeneration and a new stadium and don't start going down the Great Coates, Peaks Parkway are the better options route, because we've been there abd they aren't the right locations for whatever reason.
So Freeman Street looks like being the only option suitable imo, it's absolutely the right place, so just get it done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
mimma
February 3, 2020, 5:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Totally agree.

Some just moan for the sake of it and don't want to look at the positives.  Yes there will be obstacles to overcome but do you think for one minute he is saying things that he hasn't thought through first.

That's what Boris does!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
February 3, 2020, 5:18pm
Guest User
Just get in done there will never ever be a better chance
Reply: 5 - 70
crusty ole pie
February 3, 2020, 5:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Son of Cod
It's not negativity to ask a perfectly valid question though, is it? We currently don't know where the vast majority of £20M+ is coming from, without that there won't be a ground. You're confusing being realistic with being negative, in my opinion.

This is not our problem let’s just get behind everyone to move everything forward for the first time in 20 years we have got positive vibes let’s embrace it and gives those who have the worry of raising the cash our full support UTMM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 3, 2020, 5:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Son of Cod

It is realistic to be cautious when we have heard so little about the Grimsby Deal regeneration launched in 2018 and featuring prominently the same Tom Shute who faIled to get a bid together for the club. But I hope this time we get it right, get the grants, get the investment and get it built. No more than the town and the East Marsh deserve.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
Kris2
February 3, 2020, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Well some of us can remember all the build up,expectations and excitement that has been put out over and over to go nowhere. Turns you into a bit sceptical when all you get is talk and pretty drawings.  But I hope for the good of the town that it does happen, need to knock down more of Freemo and regenerate the area to make it a central hub and not a shithole. Why stop there? Make some changes to lines so we can get a straight line all the way to London, build new housing around the stadium and gentrify so new businesses move in and bring young professionals to the town as commuters so rent goes up and all the druggies and freaks have to move to Scunthorpe.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
MuddyWaters
February 3, 2020, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
I don’t see negativity, I see reality. Of course we want a new stadium but, one way or another, it’s got to be paid for. Just as Great Coates and PP would have been.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity always rears it head

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.