February 10, 2020, 8:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Abdul19

The lure of The Emporium.

He'll be earning more money working for his dad's firm in Leicester and playing semi-pro for Coalville than he was on at Accrington. I know money doesn't make you happy, but what did Spike Milligan say? It provides a more comfortable form of misery.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 13
moosey_club
February 10, 2020, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Well that just seems weird to me....thought part of his reasoning was fan pressure/reaction and comments regards his performances...he was only saying in recent interviews how happy he was without forums, twitter, pressure of performing etc.......don't Coalville have any form of social media, or fans with mobile phones or is the town one of those wifi blackspots where no one will be able to post anything negative about his performance.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Abdul19
June 8, 2020, 10:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Yossarian
June 9, 2020, 9:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
That was a good read - seems the mental health issue is wider and more prevalent than people appreciate.  I think it is good that these things are discussed more openly these days.  It must be a bit of a slog sometimes being a pro-footballer in the lower leagues - always moving around (especially if they have a young family), long journeys to/from matches and probably getting a load of abuse as part of your job.

Nice touch from the Ipswich fans as well, from what I read in that article.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Kee retires

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.