8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2020, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
More entertainment than Tuesday, absolutely bossed the game till their first goal which was as good as you’ll see in League 2. Positives definitely our increased confidence on the ball, negative being our lack of pace at centre back which certainly was exposed by their second. Vern am and Benson very good but Glennon MotM for me.
Private Message
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 6:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Entertaining but frustrating. We played very well at times but gave the ball away a lot with poor passes and poor control. At least we can see what is being tried and we now have some good footballers on the pitch. When it gels we will be a very good side.

Clarke is a very clever player, Benson a great prospect but for me Glennon was superb and MOM. A game we could have won but i think a draw was a fair result as FGR are a decent side and played well in patches like we did.

We are now scoring goals but are a bit more open, so conceding more. If we can get the balance right, we can go places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
Abdul19
February 1, 2020, 6:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Good to hear Benson's doing well after the horror start to his GTFC career

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
Ashby mariner
February 1, 2020, 6:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +447
Gold Stars: 7
Agree with people's thoughts especially Glennon man of the match. Far different to the style of play under MJ especially the first 30 minutes. If that's what we are going to on a regular basis then IL be very happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
February 1, 2020, 6:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Entertaining but frustrating. We played very well at times but gave the ball away a lot with poor passes and poor control.

Harsh, the conditions didn’t help, despite the strong winds I thought both sides did well. FGR definitely one of the better sids I’ve seen this season.
Reply: 4 - 78
Madeleymariner
February 1, 2020, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Even though we didn't win it was good to see us scoring goals again last few games, onwards and upwards UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
hampshiremariner
February 1, 2020, 6:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
From a distance, I will take a point against FGR who are having a good season. It makes a very refreshing change to read all the positive and optimistic comments from members who know the club and players so well. We are going in the right direction and Stevenage lost again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
LH
February 1, 2020, 6:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Entertaining game. I think most of us would have been happy with a point at kick off against the league’s best away side. Clarke is a brilliant addition - so good on the ball and looks better than this level at times. Nice to finish with an attacking line up looking to go for the win rather than settle for a draw.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
Rick12
February 1, 2020, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Hard working performance for me.No players stood out for me though like Dembele use to .Most recent player in my view that  was a bit special.

Special mention to Bailey.Their player looked quality and scored a great goal albeit on loan from Birmingham.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
headingly_mariner
February 1, 2020, 6:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
What an entertaining game. Played some football and scored a great goal. Went today thinking we’d struggle against a good side and came away disappointed we’d not won.

Such a change in ambition from the dreary defensive displays under Jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.