Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1 in 1 out he said?..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 386 Guests

1 in 1 out he said?..

This thread currently has 3,690 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
February 1, 2020, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Well that philosophy got shot down in flames ..poor old squeaky must be crying into his red wine...
Joking apart, fair play to JSF and the rest of the board in backing Holloway in what has been one of the busiest January transfer windows I can remember at the club...
Let's hope it's all been worth it and we have a go at trying to get somewhere near those play off places...Onwards and upwards, UTMM..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
February 1, 2020, 8:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Decent gates of late will have helped too.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
psgmariner
February 1, 2020, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Something I’m sure that has been discussed before but do we pay wages of injured players or are they covered by insurance?

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Tommy
February 1, 2020, 8:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Also the "one in one out" was said before the shares were bought (by Holloway or more likely i think just a way of the Board/JF getting around the income-wages ratio rules). So that was money added to the budget.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 8:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
It's all been a bit of a whirlwind. Just over a month ago, we were managerless, winless and drifting toward the bottom of the table. We were looking at having to ship out underperforming players to bring in fresh faces and the prospects of better players arrving were pretty slim.

Can scarcely believe what has happened since then. Footbal eh...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
jamesgtfc
February 1, 2020, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
IH has made reference to the loan system being terrible and that clubs have to guarantee players, pay a large portion of their wages and also pay more if they don't pay.  He said that he won't sign a player on those terms and I don't think we are paying anything for Benson and Glennon but we were for Gibson and Robson.

Other than Tilley though, everyone else is here until the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Heisenberg
February 1, 2020, 9:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Abdul19
Decent gates of late will have helped too.

Hmmm, I don’t subscribe to that yet. 4000 against Stevenage, hardly a huge step forward. 6,000 against Exeter was good as there were no away fans, but I’d be surprised if we repeat that today. We cannot attract more than 5000 home fans without it either being a local derby or there being an offer on. It’s pretty much always been like that, and I think only a new ground will change it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Abdul19
February 1, 2020, 9:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
4175 v Stevenage - our previous Tuesday game attracted 2508.

Hollway's appointment added 900 (Crawley to Salford) and he wasn't even in charge.

No idea what crowds the budgets are set for but an increase in people through the gates can't hurt.

(I'm merely talking about a short term increase in numbers)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
aldi_01
February 1, 2020, 9:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hmmm, I don’t subscribe to that yet. 4000 against Stevenage, hardly a huge step forward. 6,000 against Exeter was good as there were no away fans, but I’d be surprised if we repeat that today. We cannot attract more than 5000 home fans without it either being a local derby or there being an offer on. It’s pretty much always been like that, and I think only a new ground will change it.

Stop talking sense...the hyperbole surrounding our support has been going on for years. It’s only recent history where our away following shave consistently been high...no coincidence that generally ties in with an up turn in our form.

Take the wolves game all them moons ago, you’d think we had 3000 there...nothing like, and that was in the championship.

As you say, we’re unlikely to ever attract anymore in to BP unless we greatly reduce prices, invest in a ground which we want to move from (although some small investments along the way would’ve been useful, rather than just leaving it to fall apart in the hope we get a new ground - now in a situation that any structural or major work becauee we don’t move could leave us out of pocket) or the team actually start doing well.

Sincil bank is shite apart from one stand but funnily enough, investment in the squad and success and they filled it and continued to achieve gates they’ve not seen since TVs only showed black and white.

Our 5000 is decent but it will be hard to push that any higher in truth.

It’s weird and I don’t understand it but there are people out there who would go if we played in a shiny new soulless stadium over BP. Being a bottom half, less than average team doesn’t help either...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Rik e B
February 1, 2020, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I was at Wolves when Micky Boukding scored in a smash and grab and mostly anything over 2 hours away there was pretty much a faithful 350 unless slightly boosted by London Mariners if we encroached on the capital.

I've had people on here saying I'm talking nonsense but in discussion with my friends who travelled the length and breadth of the country with me they all in agreement.

We were roundly mocked everywhere "Is that all you bring away? " and were vastly outnumbered at such cauldrons as Molineuex, St. Andrews and the Victoria Ground.

All in 'the Championship' (Division 1). So our away support now is absolutely amazing and we'd either sell out those fixtures in a flash or take at least 1,500!

Ollie says its at home we need extra support (to boost our coffers) as he's probably been made aware that despite this galvanised away support phenomenon the home attendances have always stayed pretty much much of a muchness only altering slightly with upturns and downturns of form generally.

We need a Bonetti type occurrence to really see people pour in through the turnstiles, hopefully once Ollie got everything in place his attack-minded sides on a great run of form can encourage this. As the shithole that is BP does alot to discourage...

Anyway on to Fenty, just before Holloway was appointed when talking about putting faith in Limbrick, Fenty said he realised that our squad needed a little help so he would be buying up £200k in shares so that we could 'get one, two maybe three' players in to help the cause.

He later added that Ollie's £100k will become available for players prior to the start of next season but yes, he would still be buying up the 200k in shares he promised for this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1 in 1 out he said?..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.