Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › At last, we are officially out of the EU tonight.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Maringer and 15 Guests

At last, we are officially out of the EU tonight.

This thread currently has 3,337 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 31, 2020, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

And about time, don't believe all the scare mongering, they need us as much as we need them.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
January 31, 2020, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
They really don't.

They would certainly like to have a close relationship with us with as few changes as possible to reduce any damage to the EU economy but, ultimately, we're no longer members of the club so expect the negotiations to reflect this. The integrity of the EU and Single Market as a whole is of much, much more importance than their relationship with us

We've got 11 months now for those who promised us Brexit would be a great success to come up with a free trade deal with the EU which doesn't damage our economy too much. It's pretty much an impossibility given the complexities of the relationship and the decades we've been linked together. If the rhetoric from Johnson, Gove and Co is anything but bluff (and it has to be bluff because they can't be that stupid otherwise?), it's going to be a tricky year.

If you've got the time, here's a good run down of the problems we'll have in getting even a basic trade deal done, especially in the time limit Johnson has foolishly imposed on us:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blo.....about-johnson-s-trad

First time I can recall that I've been on this forum for weeks with too much going on at work and at home to consider it. Doubt I've missed much because, despite lots of promises to the contrary, Johnson's government really hasn't done much. Probably the laziest Prime Minister we've ever had.

Anyway, I only hope that the negotiators somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat or the EU goes gentle on us because otherwise, it will be a fraught year, even if nothing materially changes until after the transition period. I'd imagine the rhetoric around fishing will indicate the direction of travel. A big politicial issue in both the UK and the EU so that will set the scene for the rest of the negotiations. If we don't pretty much agree to the status quo after the initial sabre rattling, I'd be amazed and appalled because that will lead to almost everything else off the table for us for the important bits of our economy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
aldi_01
February 1, 2020, 8:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
11 months now of cryarsing from those negotiating on our behalf because the EU won’t play nicely...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2020, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Maringer
They really don't.

They would certainly like to have a close relationship with us with as few changes as possible to reduce any damage to the EU economy but, ultimately, we're no longer members of the club so expect the negotiations to reflect this. The integrity of the EU and Single Market as a whole is of much, much more importance than their relationship with us

We've got 11 months now for those who promised us Brexit would be a great success to come up with a free trade deal with the EU which doesn't damage our economy too much. It's pretty much an impossibility given the complexities of the relationship and the decades we've been linked together. If the rhetoric from Johnson, Gove and Co is anything but bluff (and it has to be bluff because they can't be that stupid otherwise?), it's going to be a tricky year.

If you've got the time, here's a good run down of the problems we'll have in getting even a basic trade deal done, especially in the time limit Johnson has foolishly imposed on us:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blo.....about-johnson-s-trad

First time I can recall that I've been on this forum for weeks with too much going on at work and at home to consider it. Doubt I've missed much because, despite lots of promises to the contrary, Johnson's government really hasn't done much. Probably the laziest Prime Minister we've ever had.

Anyway, I only hope that the negotiators somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat or the EU goes gentle on us because otherwise, it will be a fraught year, even if nothing materially changes until after the transition period. I'd imagine the rhetoric around fishing will indicate the direction of travel. A big politicial issue in both the UK and the EU so that will set the scene for the rest of the negotiations. If we don't pretty much agree to the status quo after the initial sabre rattling, I'd be amazed and appalled because that will lead to almost everything else off the table for us for the important bits of our economy.

You have been wrong on pretty much everything so far with your droning anti UK and anti Conservative party monologues so I expect this one to go the same way.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2020, 10:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
How has he been wrong? We’re not properly out yet. We’ve just moved from being a rule maker to being a rule taker for the next 11 months.

Fishing or finance? Hmmm! I wonder how that’s going to go.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Maringer
February 1, 2020, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184

You have been wrong on pretty much everything so far with your droning anti UK and anti Conservative party monologues so I expect this one to go the same way.

And this is one of the reasons I've not tried to find the time for this forum. I made a post containing some opinions, backed it up with a link to some information (and with every post I make on this forum), yet you leave a content-free response. Trying to play the man, not the ball to use football parlance.

Are you confident that the government can succeed in these negotiations given the difficulties pointed out in the linked page? If so, tell us why.

Johnson has repeatedly insisted that there won't be any additional paperwork for shipments to and from NI which simply isn't true. He's either ignorant or simply lying. Probably both. With these people in charge of the show and foolishly limiting the negotiating time-limit to 11 months, even the most ardent Brexiteer should be very worried about where we are heading.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
February 1, 2020, 11:31am
Guest User
So at the age of 48 after all my life I’m no longer a European, my rights have been taken away together with an economic freedom in the biggest global free market.

Yet, I’m still not aware of what benefits this will have?

Listened to the political drivel last night talking how we need to heal our divided society? Yes, that is correct but it was those same politicians who triggered this mess over 4 years ago and created the divisions that didn’t exist.

Celebrate Brexit day but you have been conned. Rule Britannia.
Reply: 6 - 30
Marinerz93
February 1, 2020, 1:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Despite the constant moaning, despite the constant know it all's trying to undermine democracy, and despite all the hysterics and fear mongering.

Finally

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
Ipswin
February 1, 2020, 2:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 28195
So at the age of 48 after all my life I’m no longer a European, my rights have been taken away together with an economic freedom in the biggest global free market.

Yet, I’m still not aware of what benefits this will have?

Which is the reason why, once it is known exactly what effect (benefits or otherwise) leaving will have, the opinion of the people (who voted in the first referendum without knowing what leaving would entail) should have been sought a second time.

Personally I doubt it will have any benefits, I expect us to get totally screwed unless we roll over on fishing. It won't matter to me at my advanced age but it sure has screwed it up for my grand kids. Taking back our 'sovereignty' will mean nowt if the economy is copulated

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
grimsby pete
February 1, 2020, 2:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Regarding the fishing rights who will go out to sea in all weather's working all hours from today's youth. ?

Most of them just want to go to uni or have a 9 to 5 job.

The experienced fishermen like my brother in law are far too old now.

We still get plenty of fish coming through Grimsby so use it as a bargaining point.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › At last, we are officially out of the EU tonight.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.