SheepGTFC
February 14, 2020, 6:31am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Oly1987
He wasnt one of our academy graduates though? he joined us from Ipswich when he was 16 and signed a pro deal?

Any player on a youth contract i.e. below 17 and signed with our youth team we get money for. Furthermore, we get solidarity payments of anywhere between 1% to 5% depending on how long they trained with us between the ages 12 to 23.

As Ryan trained with us from 16 to 20 and was on a youth contract when he joined us we are eligible for some amount of solidarity payments for him. I would guess somewhere between 1.5% to 2.5% due to the fact we also gave him his debut which entitles us to more of said payments.

With his future fee at Leicester set at £5m that could mean £75,000 to £125,000 for us at a guess. Not a bad figure imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
mimma
February 14, 2020, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
As a matter of interest, when a team negotiates a sell on clause with another team, is this sell on clause also transferred with him so that the first team get a fee from the third transfer and so on?

Always wondered how many transfers a sell on clause is valid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
Gaffer58
February 14, 2020, 3:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
So if Leicester pay Wolves £5 million for him we could get about £100k, now I realise why the premier clubs need £100 million a year to survive.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 14, 2020, 3:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
No.  We only get a sell on on the first subsequent transfer

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.