Reply: 20 - 45
NorthseaMariner
January 30, 2020, 2:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
I’ve always found germans to be very polite, friendly and welcoming. I like them. I suppose there must be some bad apples though, but i’ve never met any.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
January 30, 2020, 2:15pm
Guest User
Some people might think so.  
Reply: 22 - 45
January 30, 2020, 2:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I’ve always found germans to be very polite, friendly and welcoming. I like them. I suppose there must be some bad apples though, but i’ve never met any.

Maybe the ones that were not very friendly with me and my family, just didn't like British Soldiers.

Reply: 23 - 45
Rik e B
January 30, 2020, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Right of course BAWB, duh (me).

I've worked or schooled with a few black people over the years who had what would be perceived as racist nicknames but they had absolutely no problem with. Maybe it because racist comments were much more overt back then and stuck as nicknames or maybe it because when you good friends or acquaintances with someone they laugh it off or dont take offence.

Or maybe sinisterly they didn't like at first but when 20 white people round you and you all alone you just give up and accept it?

Dam was tryna get thread back on topic and contributing to the opposite 🙊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
January 30, 2020, 2:21pm
Guest User
Well my nickname in the Platoon was Camel, I had no problem with that though to this day I still don't know where it came from.
Reply: 25 - 45
Mariner Timsky
January 30, 2020, 2:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Did you pee a lot??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
TownSNAFU5
January 30, 2020, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
The Germans are generally ok as well.  I spent 3 years there in the RAF.

You have to treat people as individuals and as you find them.  That applies everywhere.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
January 30, 2020, 2:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The Germans are generally ok as well.  I spent 3 years there in the RAF.

You have to treat people as individuals and as you find them.  That applies everywhere.  

Agreed, I was friendly and polite to all the locals we met, and I didn't even punch the German soldier who had a go at me!!

Reply: 28 - 45
GollyGTFC
January 30, 2020, 2:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from 123614

Yes, my best friend in the Army was black and still is my best friend after 50 years. and his nickname in the Platoon was Snowball, was not a problem for him at all, maybe Army banter is a bit too much for civilians, but it is certainly NOT racist.,   I see that you tried to take the monkey part out of context by making it bold, ( I corrected it for you) .  The actual whole phrase is 'cheese eating, onion wearing, surrender monkey, and is not racist at all.  Racist Definition:  "A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

You missed out garlic? I never said you were racist. But if you think describing a french person using terms like that doesn't constitute xenophobic, racist and/or offensive terms then you probably need a new dictionary. Have a nice day.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ethnophaulism discussion

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.