2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Grim up north
January 30, 2020, 11:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
It was shortly after Olly joined , on Humberside on the way home from work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
RonMariner
January 31, 2020, 11:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
So what is happening at Lincoln?

I hear they lost £2.2million last season in getting up, presumably through signing the likes of Akinde and paying silly money in wages. apparently they spent £1.5million on players. So at least we now know the price of buying the L2 title.

Are they now cutting back? Has whoever it was funding this club had enough of flushing cash down the toilet?

They made a considerable amount of money on their various cup runs (reckoned to be over a million), and in the fee for the Cowleys from Huddersfield (another million buy all accounts). So has all that money gone now?

This is all guesswork and rumour on my part. Anyone out there have the actual facts?.  

EDIT: Just seen the other thread, which explains everything!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Heisenberg
January 31, 2020, 11:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
So what is happening at Lincoln?

I hear they lost £2.2million last season in getting up, presumably through signing the likes of Akinde and paying silly money in wages. apparently they spent £1.5million on players. So at least we now know the price of buying the L2 title.

Are they now cutting back? Has whoever it was funding this club had enough of flushing cash down the toilet?

They made a considerable amount of money on their various cup runs (reckoned to be over a million), and in the fee for the Cowleys from Huddersfield (another million buy all accounts). So has all that money gone now?

This is all guesswork and rumour on my part. Anyone out there have the actual facts?.  [/quote]

There's a difference between an owner heavily subsidising a club with a huge pot of non-football related cash, than spending money a club has generated through massively improved gate receipts.  Lincoln pretty much did the latter.  If you have the money coming in legitimately, then you have a larger budget than everyone else.  I wouldn't call that 'buying' the title at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akinde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.