rancido
January 29, 2020, 1:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not harping on - just pointing out that Ollie has a different mindset that's more about GTFC than his predecessor and that certain players are benefitting from playing with a more positive intent.

Exactly! It could take quite a few training seasons to eliminate Jolley's mindset from some of the players, especially the younger one and maybe Ludwig, who could believe that was "the English way" to play.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
promotion plaice
January 29, 2020, 1:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
January 29, 2020, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinerjase
Why do people still keep harping on about Jolley and his failings?? That ship has sailed. Should be looking forward - not back.

It wouldn't be much of a forum if we only looked to the future would it?

All futures are unknown whereas the past can be analysed for good or ill.

I am more optimistic about the future than in a long time but as ever time will tell.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Maringer
January 29, 2020, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Blunderside Sport have just tweeted that Hessenthaler has a cracked rib and punctured lung (!). Nasty but I'm guessing it is potentially better news than a broken collarbone/dodgy shoulder? He'll be out for a couple of months I assume?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
diehardmariner
January 29, 2020, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,578
Gold Stars: 537
Progress is quite evident to see but I thought Town struggled to get going for large parts of the game but still had more than enough for a poor Stevenage side.

Very little to add to those comments already made.  Absolute shocker of a challenge on Hessenthaler, looks worse with each viewing.  I'm not sure what Jackson was hoping to achieve.  

Benson looked quality when he came on and is clearly a proper footballer.  Unfortunately none of the three on the pitch looked natural in that holding role so we'll need someone in to fill in.

Outstanding levels of shithousery from Hendrie on Westley.  Fair play to Westley, he played up to the crowd in the end.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
Gaffer58
January 29, 2020, 2:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
On the defensive side, I always thought midfielders and attacking fullbacks marked a man when the opposition have the ball but, when we have it they are to find space and make themselves available and let the opposition worry about them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.