Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 115 Guests

No takeover then !!!

This thread currently has 10,986 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 25, 2020, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
We have a large catchment area with no big local rivals to speak of (Lincoln and no other sporting clubs for fans to watch.

If we get the new stadium right I can't think of any reason why we couldn't average 10,000 home fans at least.

Do you honestly believe that an average home gate could support us at Championship level.? Short term, maybe, but not for a long term.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Ipswin
January 25, 2020, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I think we should start more modestly - maybe enough toilets to avoid a 10 minute queue every time we get more than 5,000 on, and a view of all the pitch from every seat - even if there are more than 6,000 on. Some good catering, inside the stadium would be nice as well...

None of those attractions are going to get bums on seats if we are getting beat week in week out

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Limerick Mariner
January 25, 2020, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,639
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin

None of those attractions are going to get bums on seats if we are getting beat week in week out

Which at some point will inevitably happen. But if crowds for the good times in a new stadium are averaging 10,000 then in the bad times we might average 6,000 - not least because if we are playing some yorkies they can bring 4k instead of 1.8k...and of course the the bad times might come to an end. We might sell some space for a few more weddings as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
Bigdog
January 25, 2020, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
If we are to take JF at his word.. the deadline has passed for takeover enquiries and the current board should be pressing ahead swiftly with their own exciting plans for Freeman Street as we speak.. If people in charge of our football club go on record with bold claims, we should expect them to be fully accountable and back it up with action as it's their duty to the fans to do so..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2020, 3:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fishy clapper

So aggressive

Just giving the guy what he wants Happy Clapper. If people don’t want ‘aggression’ they should let sleeping dogs lie.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2020, 3:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Weve got our own Ollie-garch who has took a shine to us. For now, thats enough.

Like that! Nice one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
TownSNAFU5
January 26, 2020, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,824
Gold Stars: 42
It is not just the large budgets needed in the Championship, many clubs still overspend beyond their funding.  Trying to get into the Premiership.    

Mentioned above that £90 million has been put into Brentford.  They have been forced to sell their best players each season.  Making £120 million in the last 5 years.  

They are moving to a new ground soon.  Interestingly they scrapped their youth team, appointed a dead ball coach and got a sleep coach.

Despite all these changes, they are very successful and could get automatic promotion this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.