Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 278 Guests

No takeover then !!!

This thread currently has 10,989 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
January 24, 2020, 9:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from headingly_mariner
My worry is that Fenty will see the change Holloway has made and want to stay and see it through.

He’ll never have a better chance to shift it and the interest is there.

Yeah I agree ,  Olly can front it all and bring the passion and enthusiasm but he will need someone with him driving the business side of things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 24, 2020, 10:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Believe it was Psg that came up with the idea of emptying the cars from in front of the findus (or whatever it's called these days) and having street food and decent beers on offer pre and possibly post match. Not sure how the logistics of it could work, but a pretty good idea for a revenue stream.

If this takeover isn't going to get the go ahead then the club needs to finally get their thinking caps on

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 24, 2020, 11:02am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Does anyone remember back in December when Fenty clearly stated that he had had enough and wanted to sell the club. Maybe Ollie had been given the heads up during his fish and chip interview, and so rather than the club being sold from under him and him not having any say in the matter, Ollie decided to have a piece of the pie and invest his own money, so he can have a say-so. Maybe its a very wise move on Ollie's part. Rumours abound that it was a figure around £100k. That would make him a major shareholder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
grimsby pete
January 24, 2020, 11:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I man not bothered if the said takeover takes place now we have Ollie not only as manager but a major shareholder too.Things are on the up and the high profile of Ollie will be to our benefit when other people with real money want to invest in our club.

UTMM

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
Ipswin
January 24, 2020, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think John Fenty is probably less inclined to want to sell given the massive feelgood factor which the arrival of Holloway has brought and the deserved praise he has received for landing him.

That said if we go on a run without a win and Holloway's many inspiring interviews and school visits etc start to tail off (as they surely must eventually) the knives will soon be out for him again

Personally now Holloway is on board with his enthusiasm and dreams for the future of GTFC which has clearly unavoidably rubbed off on Fenty and if Freeman Street goes ahead (which is also part of Holloways dream I suspect) then frankly I wouldn't mind if he didn't sell.

So long as he continues to ensure that our club is not handed over to the wrong people which I'm sure he will (and I think Holloway will have a say in that) then how Fenty wants to play t is OK by me

The 'Fenty must go' demands have for now hopefully lessened

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
grimsby pete
January 24, 2020, 11:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
If reports are right about Shutes wealth then Ollie has a better chance of taking over the club As he has more to offer.

As it stands I think we will carry on with the new stadium by our self and if we have some success on the pitch and a new stadium then we will have generated a bit more interest from prospective buyers.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 24, 2020, 11:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Think JF’s last video release suggested that any interested parties would be encouraged to join the current board and work alongside them thus ensuring they were “genuine and committed” to taking the club forward.

Appreciate that IH is a positive character but he talks about the new stadium more as “when” than an “if” so maybe there are to be new investors or maybe I am getting carried away with this new wave of positivity 😄😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2020, 12:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Think JF’s last video release suggested that any interested parties would be encouraged to join the current board and work alongside them thus ensuring they were “genuine and committed” to taking the club forward.

Hopefully history won’t repeat itself. That’s not exactly worked out well before.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Ipswin
January 24, 2020, 12:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hopefully history won’t repeat itself. That’s not exactly worked out well before.

Hopefully he will exclude lottery winners from that invitation

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2020, 12:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Hopefully he will exclude lottery winners from that invitation

I was thinking of people who weren’t just lucky

But to be fair to Fenners he deserves credit for landing Holloway and I agree with you that he shouldn’t sell to just anyone.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.