Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 153 Guests

No takeover then !!!

This thread currently has 10,948 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 23, 2020, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

JF set a deadline of two weeks into January for Shutes and the other one to put up or shut up.

We've heard nothing so I assume JF and the board are now going to go it alone as regards the new stadium !!!  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
January 23, 2020, 11:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
We've got our own Ollie!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
mimma
January 24, 2020, 1:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Has the deadline expired?

I thought it was the end of January,as in the 31st.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
jimgtfc
January 24, 2020, 7:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Is there ever a deadline with a deal like this? Anyone could come along tomorrow with the funds for a takeover. I guess the idea behind the deadline is to push forwards with Freeman Street before we miss out whilst waiting for Shutes with his dock stadium idea.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
denni266
January 24, 2020, 7:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Its about time something happened one way or the other. Freemo is my choice so long as we can get everything in that we need there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
aldi_01
January 24, 2020, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I agree with the above post, I’m not sure you can put a time frame on it as such given that someone could literally rock up today with the cash, proof and all the shebang and buy the club.

My view has never changed and even with Holloway I still think it’s time for the sale. Whatever the views of shutes, he doesn’t have to do anything. He was seemingly the only serious interested party...we needed him more than he needed us.

It’s a difficult way to formulate a true opinion because, and it is his right, we only have one side of the story. The club have issued several non statements that were as clear as mud but we have nothing from the other side to refute or support the claims.

The cynical view is that with a small crest of a wave and reinvigorated response from the fans, naturally I can’t imagine our current board and owner are bothered about selling...they’d quietened down after our good start to the season...naturally when it tuned sour, interest and talk of sale came up again...

Will the club ever be sold? Who the intercourse knows...all I know is that we have to start performing consistently on the pitch now to capitalise on the rejuvenated interest...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
Davec
January 24, 2020, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
If under Holloway we start improving a lot than that will make us much more attractive to potential investors, even having an experienced man like Holloway at the helm will make us more attractive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
aldi_01
January 24, 2020, 7:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec
If under Holloway we start improving a lot than that will make us much more attractive to potential investors, even having an experienced man like Holloway at the helm will make us more attractive

That’s how I see it if I’m honest...assuming results pick up, we could much more marketable etc.

Equally, if it goes wrong (I’m sure someone will be quick to point out IH has shares blah blah) or results tail off and a big decision has to be made, it could also sign the current regimes death warrant (should’ve been signed the day after the Burton debacle but hey ho)...

I feel very much like this is last chance saloon and if Holloway works or generates interest then we’re more sellable, if it doesn’t, the product is worth peanuts and the operators will have to swallow their pride and acknowledge that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
headingly_mariner
January 24, 2020, 8:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
My worry is that Fenty will see the change Holloway has made and want to stay and see it through.

He’ll never have a better chance to shift it and the interest is there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
ska face
January 24, 2020, 8:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Davec

Which is why I mentioned about the rest of the club moving along with Holloway on Saturday - make hay while the sun shines.  

While the books are seemingly being run at a profit and fans are more invested in the club for years, now would be the time to start investing in the club and ironing out some of the antiquated processes & practices that hold us back.

One of the first things Lincoln did when they started doing well was selling tickets on Eventbrite - pick your seat, print at home or scan off your phone, easy to navigate, save staff time, no queuing in the rain - little things like that. Might cost a small service charge, but you need to make it as easy as possible for people to hand their cash over.

There’s a million things that could be done to drag more people into BP, but they need to be done now rather than in a few months or a few years when the money and enthusiasm might’ve dried up.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No takeover then !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.