PoutonStepover
January 23, 2020, 9:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
He wasn't happy at all about being dropped for a young kid and if my memory serves me right he put in a transfer request, which he later withdrew.

I can understand him not being happy if Dean had been brought in as backup and then kept him out the team. Sounds like a good job he was recalled from his loan in the end as Macca is a solid keeper for us now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
Pogo
January 23, 2020, 9:16am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Quoted from Davec
He did indeed hand in a transfer request and in his first game back against Luton after Henderson had gone back to United he ran over to Main Stand and confronted a fan in a fit of rage

Saved a penalty in that game too !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 23, 2020, 10:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Makes some high profile mistakes though, too many to be a top top keeper imo.
however he was good for us, I remember him coming out for and collecting a cross early on in the Boxing day game against Accy Stan.  The whole ground applauded, we'd not seen that for ages.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
TAGG
January 23, 2020, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Can someone fill me in on this please? Ie what happened with Macca spitting his dummy out ect?

I was totally out of the Mariners scene 2004-2018 until my passion was reignited by my 6 year old son. We haven’t missed a home game since and only missed a handful of away games.

Great story.
Good on the lad

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
TAGG
January 23, 2020, 10:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
however he was good for us, I remember him coming out for and collecting a cross early on in the Boxing day game against Accy Stan.  The whole ground applauded, we'd not seen that for ages.

If you look at the England keepers we have at the moment they make a lot more mistakes than Henderson.
IMO he should be Englands Number 1

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
Abdul19
January 23, 2020, 11:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from PoutonStepover

I can understand him not being happy if Dean had been brought in as backup and then kept him out the team. Sounds like a good job he was recalled from his loan in the end as Macca is a solid keeper for us now!

It took 4 months for Henderson to get in the team. No-one's place should be guaranteed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
Abdul19
January 23, 2020, 11:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215

Aye, Liverpool springs to mind, but he's 22. Doesn't seem to let it get to him either. Even now, I'd rate him higher than Pickford and Pope.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
diehardmariner
January 23, 2020, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Yeah, I think removing any bias from my opinion, he's England's best goalkeeper at the minute for me.

I understand why Southgate goes for Pickford because of his distribution but Henderson is simply a better all-round 'keeper.  Hoping that he gets his chance in the next round of friendlies and pretty much forces himself into the No 1 shirt for the summer.

We really were lucky to have him and he still seems to have some affection for the club.  
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
PoutonStepover
January 23, 2020, 12:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from diehardmariner
Yeah, I think removing any bias from my opinion, he's England's best goalkeeper at the minute for me.

I understand why Southgate goes for Pickford because of his distribution but Henderson is simply a better all-round 'keeper.  Hoping that he gets his chance in the next round of friendlies and pretty much forces himself into the No 1 shirt for the summer.

We really were lucky to have him and he still seems to have some affection for the club.  

Hopefully Pickford won’t hand in a transfer request 🤪

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
mimma
January 23, 2020, 12:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
The difference between the two is that Henderson commanded the area. The difference with him and the back four was noticeably better when defending. With Macca there's sometimes a mix up or they end up shouting at each other but with Deano they always seemed to know where they all where and what needed to be done. Being a goalkeeper these days is not just saving shots, it's organising the defence and distributing the ball better. That's where the big difference lies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dean Henderson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.