8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 18, 2020, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Much like the Scunny game, lot's of if only's.

We just can't seem to get te ball in the net, but it's not for want of trying. Their keeper had a blinder and i still don't know how he kept out Clarke's header. We still look a little hesitant at times, and it was hesitancy from Clifton that cost us the game, with their best player finishing off an attack that shouldn't have happened.

Exeter are a good side and once in front, managed the last 20 mins expertly. We deserved at least a point, but if you don't score when on top, you pay the price.

At least it was an enjoyable game and we actually look a threat now going forward.

Frustrating but heading in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
January 18, 2020, 5:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

The one word I heard from a lot of Town fans on the way out of the ground.... "UNLUCKY"

When your disappointed you didn't get a draw against a team 2nd from top things are looking up.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
Mighty_Mariner
January 18, 2020, 5:37pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Very frustrating but the positives are clear to see and far outweigh any negatives. We look threatening going forward and defended very well.

I wa very impressed with Clarke today, he showed some great quality throughout and only a wonder save prevented him from getting another goal.

I'm not convinced Clifton is at the level required from that deep role, he's hesitant and doesn't have the bison ro range of passing to get us going quickly IMO.

Crowd were great today and hopefully can see the improvements that have been made already.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
ginnywings
January 18, 2020, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Forgot to say that i thought Pollock was awesome, and we will sell him for a big fee one day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
Hagrid
January 18, 2020, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Thought 2 CB’s were outstanding. Won everything. Clarke my MOM looks a clever player. Mistake cost us, subs didnt work thought we lost our rhythm. Can see why they were made just didnt work out it happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 18, 2020, 5:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
As a non-attender with a sore ear I can't comment really on the performance other than to say it sounded like we had a tremendous amount of possession but still couldn't buy a goal. Perhaps there will be some thing better happening in the penalty box when the new lads get settled and the Hanson/Clarke duet starts working. I fancy the side selected for the next game will be quite different to today's starting XI.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
GtfcGarner
January 18, 2020, 5:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Echo above except I feel like Clifton's passing range was brilliant? Two 50 yarders in the first half to switch play. Clarke looks to be a clever signing very very good with the ball. Feel in the first half we was so much the better team but didn't have a proper striker to make them runs in behind. Only negative today was Hendrie for me looked so uncomfortable and unwilling to go past his winger to create an overlap. Can't be too tough on the team though as I feel we controlled the majority of that game today. Onwards and upwards UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
dicko995
January 18, 2020, 6:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Hendrie is carrying an injury, but desperate to play, just goes to show the willingness of these players. Think he may be rested a bit now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
grimsby pete
January 18, 2020, 6:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from dicko995
Hendrie is carrying an injury, but desperate to play, just goes to show the willingness of these players. Think he may be rested a bit now .

Yes Ollie said he needs a rest with his injury so expect him to have next weekend off.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 18, 2020, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
Played well today. Thought Ollie got it spot on for much of the game and we just couldn’t score.
Gutted for clifton on the goal because he was fantastic today, first half he was the best player on the pitch.
Completely agree regarding Pollock as well, it’s unbelievable that he is only 18. We were lacking a centre forward for much of the game today.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.