2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
January 17, 2020, 10:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Series 3 Episode 5 has just "dropped". Colin Murray at home with Ian Holloway. Recorded just before we became GTFC manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Abdul19
January 17, 2020, 10:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Ooh, good stuff. Listened to a few of these recently and enjoyed them.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
WesternMariner
January 17, 2020, 9:58pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +892
Gold Stars: 38
Really interesting listen. Much more to him than football by the sound of it which has to be a good thing. Comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. I’m a pretty cynical type but all the talk about legacies and doing good for the town chimes with stuff he’s talking about in his background. Particularly given that the interview was before he signed up and wasn’t having an axe to grind.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Rik e B
January 17, 2020, 10:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Just listened to it and reaffirmed my view which started listening to 'My Sporting Life' that he a thoroughly top bloke, a true family man, mad as a box of frogs yes but a winner dedicating his life to creating a meaniningful one and an inspiration to anyone willing to take note.

So much more to him than just football and the great thing is its pretty clear that he extremely genuine with us with all his positive PR and comerady getting the entire Town to think success and upwards.

We very fortunate to have him, there's no guarantees of success of course, Squeaky might drop a clanger somewhere but it should be a hell of a ride anyway in the meantime.

UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
joe56
January 18, 2020, 11:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rik e B
Just listened to it and reaffirmed my view which started listening to 'My Sporting Life' that he a thoroughly top bloke, a true family man, mad as a box of frogs yes but a winner dedicating his life to creating a meaniningful one and an inspiration to anyone willing to take note.

So much more to him than just football and the great thing is its pretty clear that he extremely genuine with us with all his positive PR and comerady getting the entire Town to think success and upwards.

We very fortunate to have him, there's no guarantees of success of course, Squeaky might drop a clanger somewhere but it should be a hell of a ride anyway in the meantime.

UTMM!!

Can we put an end to this “box of frogs” expression which seems to have caught on among a number of posters on here. It is, frankly, insulting, and from what I can see, completely unjustified.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Rik e B
January 18, 2020, 11:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Well Colin introduced him as such at the start of the podcast which made it stick in my head and the two of them close friends, it more a term of endearment and I may be wrong but I believe he has even described himself as such once or twice which is where it has caught on from.

It certainly not meant as an insult. If you focused on his many interviews and podcasts it quite clear that a very apt description but it's meant in a loveable way. In sure Kim would even describe him as such.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
joe56
January 18, 2020, 11:49am
Snakebite drinker
Fair enough Rik. I hadn’t realised that was where it originated from. It was just that it was beginning to grate with me! No offence meant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Rik e B
January 18, 2020, 11:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Just googled it and people being describing him as such since 2010 at least, I'm sure he doesn't mind one iota.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 18, 2020, 12:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from joe56

Can we put an end to this “box of frogs” expression which seems to have caught on among a number of posters on here. It is, frankly, insulting, and from what I can see, completely unjustified.

Never took you for a Francophile Joe.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
joe56
January 18, 2020, 2:29pm
Snakebite drinker

Never took you for a Francophile Joe.

Quelle, moi?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colin Murray at home Podcast

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.