Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who would YOU want to come to GTFC?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Who would YOU want to come to GTFC?

This thread currently has 6,079 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
January 15, 2020, 10:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I trust in Ollie, don't pay much attention to other teams and their player's other than to go 'Ooh their number 8 good' and haven't a clue on situations, wages, who would be realistic within our reach, available without a fee etc etc.

A player could look good in one game against us but have a shocking attitude and work ethic that would break the harmony of our squad

That's what the manager's paid for, to do his due diligence and get who would suit and fit out of those realistically available. I'm just along for the ride.

But yeah a yard dog snapper would be handy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
toontown
January 15, 2020, 11:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from livosnose
I liked the left sided attacker for Orient , who turned Hendrie into a pretzel . Great pace and delivery (possible too much showboating at times though )

Agreed. He looked good.

Maybe a creative central midfielder too, we've already got the terrier types. Need more quality. And more pace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
Jarmo.Is.God
January 16, 2020, 9:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Shaun pearson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
PoutonStepover
January 16, 2020, 9:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
There’s a couple of exciting young lads who would destroy this division if we could get them in on loan:

Danny Cashman (Brighton U23) assuming IH has got some contacts at Brighton with us getting Tilley from there, he might be able to reunite the 2, he’s is a great playmaker who would link up great with a goal poacher....

Jay Stansfield (Fulham U1 - they stole him from Exeter in the summer, forcing them to accept a few hundred grand rather than lose him for an arbitration fee. He’s smashing them in for fun in the Premier League U18s, scored 11 goals in 3 games a couple of months back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Heisenberg
January 16, 2020, 10:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Shaun pearson

I love Shaun, we should never have let him go and most of us said it at the time, but I do believe the 4 central defenders we have are all more than good enough.  I think we're really strong in that department.

Not sure how Shaun's doing nowadays, but Wrexham are having an absolute stinker of a season after looking dead certs for promotion 12 months ago.  I'd say their fans are some of the few who've actually had it worse than us in recent history - 10 years down there now, and more likely to go further down than join us next season.  They must be in turmoil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
The Yard Dog
January 16, 2020, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Rik e B
I trust in Ollie, don't pay much attention to other teams and their player's other than to go 'Ooh their number 8 good' and haven't a clue on situations, wages, who would be realistic within our reach, available without a fee etc etc.

A player could look good in one game against us but have a shocking attitude and work ethic that would break the harmony of our squad

That's what the manager's paid for, to do his due diligence and get who would suit and fit out of those realistically available. I'm just along for the ride.

But yeah a[/b] yard dog [b]snapper would be handy.

I am a bit passed it now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
dicko995
January 16, 2020, 10:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
would of liked to see Conor Townsend back here, but that position has been filled now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Heisenberg
January 16, 2020, 11:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from dicko995
would of liked to see Conor Townsend back here, but that position has been filled now.

And he's at West Brom, so that really WOULD be aiming high!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Abdul19
January 16, 2020, 11:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
More chance of signing Andy Townsend!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Rik e B
January 16, 2020, 11:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Codalmighty said Glennon's debut was 'Connor Townsend good' so we should be alright there.

Sheesh, I've even started reading that site again such is my thirst for Town news at the minute! They've drunk me off in past their general disdain for and aloofness over The Fishy, amongst other things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who would YOU want to come to GTFC?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.