1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 14, 2020, 2:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Presuming Holloway is still here wonder how many of the present squad will have survived in a year's time.
Wright and Pollock ( if they haven't been sold) Vernham, McKeown, the youngsters like Starbuck, Battersby and Buckley plus Hess and I think that might be about it. Hanson possibly, if he can stay fit and maybe Clifton  Rose nd Hendrie if they can up their game. Just don't know about the other 3 centre halves, maybe he thinks they're a good solid unit already?
Just think we've got too many like hewitt, green, whitehouse, cook, Clifton (?) ( and I'd have included Ogbu as well) who would easily be replaced by players that Holloway knows and who tick more boxes and won't cost any more

Think that's about a third staying, a third possibles and a third to go
Logged Offline
Private Message
PoutonStepover
January 14, 2020, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
I think the following will still be here, as I’m assuming we will be heavily pushing for promotion by this time next year.

McKeown
Battersby
Russel

Öhman
Waterfall
Pollock
Hope

Hessenthaller
Clifton
Wright
Buckley
Starbuck

Clarke
Vernam
Hanson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Mikey_345
January 14, 2020, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
From what Holloway has said in a few interviews he’s impressed with us defensively. If that’s true he will probably want to keep the bulk of the defence together.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
NorthseaMariner
January 14, 2020, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Too early to say at the moment, I think. We’ve nearly half a season to play yet, so plenty of time to impress IH. Remember he may be able to improve them all, or change the way they do things.
A lot to play for yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1st February 2021

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.