grimsby pete
January 12, 2020, 12:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
You can not help loving this man Ollie,

His talks are never going to be boring he wont fend off difficult questions and he will never tell reporters to FxxK OFF.
He says he in the best place in his life because he feels wanted by the chairman and loved by the fans and has been welcomed so much by everybody.

He obviously loves his wife Kim very much, so we love her too for coming to live in the area and lending us her husband.

I am sure when he's  had this window and the summer to recruit who he wants we will be a force to be reckoned with. I see a lot of the Mcmenemy feeling coming on where the crowds shot up from 4,000 to 11500 and fantastic away following wherever we go, To take over 1200 to London in January is brilliant and a sign of things to come,

I always feel optimistic when a new manager comes in and most of the time that fades away BUT I am sure Ollie will not disappoint us, we are going on a great journey so lets enjoy the ride, We will have some downs but Ollie will be honest and take the blame if the mistake is his unlike a lot of previous managers and he will not stand for any player not giving 100% all of the time, He makes jokes all the time but underneath is a very hard task master so I am sure he will get the best out of all his players or else they will be gone.

Next home game against Exeter will be very interesting for a few reasons they will want to avenge that defeat
we gave them when they were top of the league it will tell us and Ollie how good we are and the attendance will say a lot  5000 should be the most we would have got without the Ollie effect so I am thinking 6,000 - 6,500 will show Ollie he has woken the sleeping many and soon it will be hard to get a ticket to a home game.

Onward and upward with Ollie's army

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
NorthseaMariner
January 12, 2020, 12:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Have we got that many home seats mate? Wouldn’t think Exeter will bring that many.
But I do agree with the sentiment of your post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Rik e B
January 12, 2020, 12:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We've easily got that many home seats yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
Mayaman
January 12, 2020, 1:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
He took the blame for the draw against Orient.  You have to respect that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
rancido
January 12, 2020, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete
You can not help loving this man Ollie,

His talks are never going to be boring he wont fend off difficult questions and he will never tell reporters to FxxK OFF.
He says he in the best place in his life because he feels wanted by the chairman and loved by the fans and has been welcomed so much by everybody.

He obviously loves his wife Kim very much, so we love her too for coming to live in the area and lending us her husband.

I am sure when he's  had this window and the summer to recruit who he wants we will be a force to be reckoned with. I see a lot of the Mcmenemy feeling coming on where the crowds shot up from 4,000 to 11500 and fantastic away following wherever we go, To take over 1200 to London in January is brilliant and a sign of things to come,

I always feel optimistic when a new manager comes in and most of the time that fades away BUT I am sure Ollie will not disappoint us, we are going on a great journey so lets enjoy the ride, We will have some downs but Ollie will be honest and take the blame if the mistake is his unlike a lot of previous managers and he will not stand for any player not giving 100% all of the time, He makes jokes all the time but underneath is a very hard task master so I am sure he will get the best out of all his players or else they will be gone.

Next home game against Exeter will be very interesting for a few reasons they will want to avenge that defeat
we gave them when they were top of the league it will tell us and Ollie how good we are and the attendance will say a lot  5000 should be the most we would have got without the Ollie effect so I am thinking 6,000 - 6,500 will show Ollie he has woken the sleeping many and soon it will be hard to get a ticket to a home game.

Onward and upward with Ollie's army

Certainly agree with all your comments about how Ollies appointment will benefit town in so many ways. I would dispute the prospect of an 11,500 gate at BP though because as far as I can tell the official capacity is 9,106 but that was a figure quoted in2006/7 season. I can see possible sell outs for the home fans though especially if we can put a few results together and get amongst the play-off positions. A tall order maybe but with Ollie in charge nothing would surprise me.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
devs
January 12, 2020, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,976
Gold Stars: 30
Funny how when Hurst brought on a defensive sub and we conceded he got slaughtered
Ollie does it and it's "ah well, never mind, fair play for him taking responsibility!!!"

The love in is strong - love is blind!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
devs
January 12, 2020, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,976
Gold Stars: 30
Mind you - to be fair
Cardwell was the attacking option...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
grimsby pete
January 12, 2020, 1:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

Certainly agree with all your comments about how Ollies appointment will benefit town in so many ways. I would dispute the prospect of an 11,500 gate at BP though because as far as I can tell the official capacity is 9,106 but that was a figure quoted in2006/7 season. I can see possible sell outs for the home fans though especially if we can put a few results together and get amongst the play-off positions. A tall order maybe but with Ollie in charge nothing would surprise me.

I was saying our gates went from 4000 to 11500 under big Mac but when we get our new   ground

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
sonofmadeleymariner
January 12, 2020, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mayaman
He took the blame for the draw against Orient.  You have to respect that.

The same, I follow American Football and my team has had a new coach this season, he's been doing the same holds his hands up when he gets it wrong and he's won the fans over double as a result. It just shows charracter doesn't it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Tinymariner
January 12, 2020, 1:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
We are using the Osmand End for home fans on Saturday too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best Place in my Life

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.