Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 348 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 12,938 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
PoutonStepover
January 11, 2020, 9:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
How did Pollock and Ludvig look together?

Solid! But I think any combination of our current 4 centre backs are solid, a month back I’d have said Davis was the 4th choice, but he had 2 cracking games at Mansfield and Salford, so on current form there ain’t much between the 4 of them for me! It’s a nice luxury to have!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
Heisenberg
January 11, 2020, 9:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

F#cking excellent!!

A certain Ipswin (and also my good self, may I add?) did recently speculate that Ohman and Pollock were very probably the best pairing......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
moosey_club
January 11, 2020, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Heisenberg

A certain Ipswin (and also my good self, may I add?) did recently speculate that Ohman and Pollock were very probably the best pairing......

Personally think we need better than Ohman for first choice, yes he puts his head in and body on the line but can't distribute, too physical and clumsy at times conceding too many free kicks unnecessarily.
Pollock continues to suprise me more each time i see him, he has already had a few experienced pro's in his pocket, still developing but excellent prospects.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
Gtfc8279
January 11, 2020, 10:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +23
Quoted from Yossarian
Leyton's left winger put some great crosses in....  i thought a draw was a good result.  Our ball retention is pretty poor at times..  but there cant be many L2 sides with that level of away support.

Cos they gave him too much space ALL game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
forza ivano
January 11, 2020, 10:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Looking back today might have given holloway pause for thought.certainly wasnt as much quality as last week and you have to wonder how many of them would get into a promotion side. Cant fault the effort, but I just think holloway will know players who tick more boxes than some of them out there today. Dont want to be negative as there is such a feel good factor at present, but just trying to take a step back and be objective
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
monkeyboy
January 11, 2020, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from moosey_club

Personally think we need better than Ohman for first choice, yes he puts his head in and body on the line but can't distribute, too physical and clumsy at times conceding too many free kicks unnecessarily.
Pollock continues to suprise me more each time i see him, he has already had a few experienced pro's in his pocket, still developing but excellent prospects.

What a load of bollox . Ohman played excellent today and considering he has not played for a couple of months. He would walk into most league 2 sides line ups.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2020, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano
Looking back today might have given holloway pause for thought.certainly wasnt as much quality as last week and you have to wonder how many of them would get into a promotion side. Cant fault the effort, but I just think holloway will know players who tick more boxes than some of them out there today. Dont want to be negative as there is such a feel good factor at present, but just trying to take a step back and be objective

It’s funny how we remember things I can’t recall much quality last week but I do remember lots of teamwork, desire and graft much like today.

In fact teamwork, desire and graft is all IH has to work with ATM but it’s a pretty decent platform.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Maringer
January 11, 2020, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from HertsGTFC

In fact teamwork, desire and graft is all IH has to work with ATM but it’s a pretty decent platform.

I'd say it's probably 80 or 90% of what is required for success in the bottom division. I just hope that Holloway can find/develop that extra 20-odd percent of quality to make us play-off contenders.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
forza ivano
January 11, 2020, 11:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s funny how we remember things I can’t recall much quality last week but I do remember lots of teamwork, desire and graft much like today.

There was a lot of cool ,calm midfield passing last week and the defending was rock solid. Dont think there was as much of either quality in what was a poor quality game today. And you have to say weve played a succession of poor/average teams over the last few weeks. Exeter next week will be his first big test. Hope that they can put in another spirited performance  to cheer what will be a big crowd

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
KingstonMariner
January 12, 2020, 12:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Overall I have to say Orient were the better side. Man for man, most* of them looked better than ours. But the effort was certainly there. And but for a silly penalty given away late of we'd have done it. I mean it was Craig Clay who got pushed in the back! Craig Clay (being the exception to the above comment*) not renowned for troubling the goal - Clarke obviously doesn't know him!

Joking aside, good turnout. Lots of familiar faces including a certain poster from Sheffield. Lots of noise. I'm hoarse tonight. Those Belgians certainly keep the party going.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.