8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 9, 2020, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Ogbu just proves it’s all about opinions...I thought we looked much better on Saturday when he went off, yet others thought he did well.

Similar to the fact some think he’s a decent player all round and others don’t.

All about opinions but I think we can all agree he’ll just fade in to the distance and join that ever increasing long list of players that nobody remembers...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Hagrid
January 9, 2020, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Just listened to IH interview. Said he’s had a go at the players for not communicating to Moses in the right way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
January 9, 2020, 9:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You're the idiot....if you listen to Holloway's reasoning for letting Ogbu go it's nothing to do with his footballing ability, he's doing it because he's understood Ogbu hasn't and isn't settling here and he's told him to leave to get his life back on track...
It's called man management and caring for your players well being and mental health....

That's the way I heard it as well.
Reply: 42 - 78
nightrider
January 9, 2020, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Didnt think he was any worse than the two that are injured

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
Perkins
January 9, 2020, 10:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Good luck to the guy wherever he ends up. No worse than any of our other strikers. He baffled defences at times with his
unpredictability, but also baffled us and himself too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
forza ivano
January 9, 2020, 10:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Although I thought he did pretty well at times ,hes unfortunately like a lot of our players ( green, cardwell, cooke, hewitt,whitehouse and possibly clifton) who are ok, but you get the impression that there must be players out there who are much more effective and would still be within our wage structure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
Swansea_Mariner
January 9, 2020, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Honestly thought Bolarinwa was a better player.

Good luck to the lad, but in reality not good enough for a side with any aspirations of promotion to league one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
Stew0_0
January 9, 2020, 11:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Ogbu unfortunately is consistantly inconsistant. On his day can be a real handful, tomorrow be anominous.
Clearly homesick and much like Ring and I believe Ohman is struggling to fit in the area/country. Wouldnt be surprised if Ludo is gone by the end of January also as it is clear too that Pollock is ahead of him.

I also think this is very clever play by Ollie too. A tight budget with no real room to play with so with Moses top end of the budget move players on in the kindest and cheapest way possible to allow for reinforcements.

If we can move on the players we need, can see 5/6 new faces by the end of the window.

Wonder if Cardwell is feeling homesick too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
Chrisblor
January 9, 2020, 11:16pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Stew0_0
Wonder if Cardwell is feeling homesick too

He's from just over the Humber Bridge so probably not!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
PoutonStepover
January 9, 2020, 11:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from aldi_01
Whatever the reason and whatever people’s views, he won’t be missed really will he and will be confined to the list of those players we joke about within a year or two...Anthony Straker, serge, Knut anders Fostervald etc...

Knut Anders Fostervold, I didn’t think he was too bad? Certainly no Menno Willems, but thought he did alright?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ogbu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.