8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
January 9, 2020, 7:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
If he's a high earner then it's a good thing for him to move on. He's ok but you can easily get someone better in on the same wage. For me he hasn't shone. Good luck to him though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
Kris2
January 9, 2020, 8:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
It's a bit like Tom Bolarinwa for me, seems a very nice chap and I was happy for him when he scored but watching him is kinda painful when maybe 1 in 30 times he has the ball he does something good with it. He seems physically strong and has some pace but I just don't think he has it in him to play at this level. Nothing against him but it sounds like we pushed the boat out to get him when he was playing easy football in Saudi Arabia for tons of money. I think he'd be better off somewhere like that or in China.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
arryarryarry
January 9, 2020, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club
Shame if true....one player in the squad that could beat a man and then look up before he crossed it.

And when he played how many times did he do that?

My main memory will be the times he turned round in circles not knowing what he would do and the few times he tried to be clever but ended up passing the ball back and leaving the defence in excrement street.

Hardly ever looked like scoring a goal.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
LH
January 9, 2020, 8:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Not overly bothered he’s going. Looked an exciting player in the pre-season match I went to but in the games I’ve been to since he hasn’t done enough, IMO. Worth a roll of the dice but it’s not paid off and I wish him well.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
GollyGTFC
January 9, 2020, 8:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
I heard the club sent him for magnetic resonance imaging of his wrist to check his age and he's actually 47.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 78
Gaffer58
January 9, 2020, 8:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Can only think that the rumour he didn't work hard in training could be right, really had high hopes for Ogbu, gonna miss his goal celebration, even though we've only seen it once!!  

I understand he has a full range of celebrations, about 20, trouble is it will take 20 seasons to get through them all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ginnywings
January 9, 2020, 8:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Not seen enough of him to pass judgement but we can probably do better considering he's one of the highest earners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
moosey_club
January 9, 2020, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from arryarryarry

And when he played how many times did he do that?

My main memory will be the times he turned round in circles not knowing what he would do and the few times he tried to be clever but ended up passing the ball back and leaving the defence in excrement street.

Hardly ever looked like scoring a goal.

When did he get a chance ? Few opportunities for him in reality ......played very well on Saturday, held the ball up, brought others in...highly plauded for his Exeter away performance too in the same role...... we won both of those games.....coincidence ?

Did he not settle and therefore his application and heart limited his chances or did limited chances despite the poor form of others effect his mindset making him unsettled ?  

If he is happy to go then let him go but i liked what he could do and will be sorry to see him go.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
arryarryarry
January 9, 2020, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

When did he get a chance ? Few opportunities for him in reality ......played very well on Saturday, held the ball up, brought others in...highly plauded for his Exeter away performance too in the same role...... we won both of those games.....coincidence ?

Did he not settle and therefore his application and heart limited his chances or did limited chances despite the poor form of others effect his mindset making him unsettled ?  

If he is happy to go then let him go but i liked what he could do and will be sorry to see him go.

We scored after he left the field at Mansfield.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
Elgringo87
January 9, 2020, 8:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Think he was a more expensive version of Bolawinra
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ogbu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.