January 9, 2020, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from SheepGTFC

I mean, what else can we do?

Absolutely nothing. I'm just very cautious about us going overboard about Holloway that's all. PR wise he's great (even if he is as mad as a box of frogs) but results and football wise we don't know yet

I was over the moon when we appointed Newell - say no more!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 100
Garth
January 9, 2020, 10:18am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
A bit too thick and too fast for me, excitement stoked and driven by the media, I'm hoping like everyone else he will be a success here, but we have suffered too many false dawns in the past, and I am nervous about this one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 100
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 9, 2020, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

Absolutely nothing. I'm just very cautious about us going overboard about Holloway that's all. PR wise he's great (even if he is as mad as a box of frogs) but results and football wise we don't know yet

I was over the moon when we appointed Newell - say no more!

Have to admit, so was I ....... but I learned my lesson!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 100
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 9, 2020, 10:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,788
Gold Stars: 178
Buckley (mk1) had a team that didn't have one out and out goal scorer. It was an amazing squad that all chipped in with goals. Now of course, could be wrong, but only remember any player top scoring with around 18 or so (Rees/woods/big keef)

Over to you Les to prove me wrong

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 100
GollyGTFC
January 9, 2020, 10:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Majority of Plymouth fans think it will be a mistake letting him go.

From a team sitting in 6th, he can't be bad at all

They're not letting him go exactly. His contract expires in a couple of days.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 100
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2020, 10:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
He’s been a good player, but had some really bad injuries.
Has played wide a lot as well as up front.

Hopefully he’ll be a good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 100
TownSNAFU5
January 9, 2020, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,825
Gold Stars: 42
Time will tell with any new manager.  Besides the good PR, we have had 2 wins without conceding.  One win away with only 10 men for 80 mins.

This after no wins for more than the previous 3 months.  I would therefore argue that the results on the pitch are going in the right direction - even at a very early stage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 100
Ipswin
January 9, 2020, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Time will tell with any new manager.  Besides the good PR, we have had 2 wins without conceding.  One win away with only 10 men for 80 mins.

This after no wins for more than the previous 3 months.  I would therefore argue that the results on the pitch are going in the right direction - even at a very early stage.

I'm not sure Hollowy can claim either of the two victories, aided by the all round feelgood factor maybe (which can't last forever) but hardly as a result of his tactics, input to the team selection etc.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 100
Superdan147
January 9, 2020, 11:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm not sure Hollowy can claim either of the two victories, aided by the all round feelgood factor maybe (which can't last forever) but hardly as a result of his tactics, input to the team selection etc.

Nonsense, He can claim the Mansfield win for sure. Despite only 1 training session there were signs of things he wants to implement. I,e committing men forward when in possession, leaving a man on half way line when defending corners and players in more space to receive the ball. These are things we’ve not been doing until Saturday IMO. Looking forward to more of that Saturday, hopefully with 11 men!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 100
Rik e B
January 9, 2020, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Plus he was screaming instructions from the touchline constantly, moving Clifton about, making the right subs when Ogbu tired etc.

Against Salford he could have had an indirect effect giving a motivational boost to player's, after all he went into dressing room to have a word. And they would have been keen to impress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Clarke

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.