Reply: 10 - 17
Son of Cod
January 6, 2020, 10:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
If any of you live in Scunny or nearby, the Megabus is a great shout. Picks up at the big Tesco, then takes you to East Midlands Parkway and you get a train from there to St. Pancras. Usually costs about a tenner and takes roughly the same amount of time as the train.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
marinerdazza
January 6, 2020, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Fly from Kirmington?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
GYinScuntland
January 6, 2020, 10:44am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Son of Cod
If any of you live in Scunny or nearby, the Megabus is a great shout. Picks up at the big Tesco, then takes you to East Midlands Parkway and you get a train from there to St. Pancras. Usually costs about a tenner and takes roughly the same amount of time as the train.

Good call but it's 21 notes one way on Saturday and usually full of scrotes, not the most reliable time wise either as I've had mates be over four hours late due to traffic etc.
Can't get back on it really as last one leaves just after 5.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
golfer
January 6, 2020, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If anyone is driving A1, across to the M11 via the A14 then park at Westfield Stratford (tons of parking) 1 stop on the Central Line to Leyton. West Ham are away Friday night so shouldn’t be busy around there.

Westfield Stratford absolutelyt brilliant shopping for the wife. Give her a fiver and tell her you will pick her up at 5-30 or better still stay overnight at the Premier inn which is on site.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Son of Cod
January 6, 2020, 1:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Good call but it's 21 notes one way on Saturday and usually full of scrotes, not the most reliable time wise either as I've had mates be over four hours late due to traffic etc.
Can't get back on it really as last one leaves just after 5.

Ah okay, fair enough. I've never been delayed with it or paid more than £15 but I think I've only ever used it midweek. And yeah haha the people on there are a mixed bag for sure, there is always some twit who decides to talk on their phone all the way down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
FishOutOfWater
January 6, 2020, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I've checked my booking ( to London with Hull trains ) and fortunately it seems that there's not too much of a delay arriving into KX

Fingers crossed they keep to the new times otherwise it'll mean a race across London if they can't do what their website now offers
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 17
FishOutOfWater
January 6, 2020, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Saudimariner
Just have to get the Orient Express then - but it's murder on there!!

See what you did there....  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trains for Orient

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.