Gold Stars: 30
Wow!
What an interviewee! 😁
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zjjp0
Logged Offline
Private Message
January 4, 2020, 7:40pm
Guest User
My only concern is that we have hit some good form and he suggested we are miles away from what he expects.
Reply: 1 - 23
The Yard Dog
January 4, 2020, 7:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,473
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Badger57
Wow!
What an interviewee! 😁
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zjjp0

The only problem was I had to listen to Hurst first, what a constant.
How things change in a space of a few days, Al was doing a good job, we just needed that bit of luck, which can came in the Salford game.

Now is the time for everyone to unite, the board have gone out and got a manager who I thought was out of our league.
To all you stay away fans,  now is the time to re-enter BP.

Ian might have had a rollercaster ride at Blackpool, with the big one and the lights, but nothing can compare to ride he will get at GTFC.

Lets set the rollercaster going, with a white witch and a metal detector we might just find the golden era again

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
grimsby pete
January 5, 2020, 1:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 28195
My only concern is that we have hit some good form and he suggested we are miles away from what he expects.

Yes but think if Ollie can get them to play like that after one training session what will he achieve after a few weeks  

Our players are better than Jolley allowed them to be with his constant changes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Marinerz93
January 5, 2020, 2:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Hopefully some of those players who want to join us are realistic with their wage demands and will make us better.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
MarshMariner
January 5, 2020, 2:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
I think confidence is a big part of this...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2020, 2:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 28195

Results wise definitely much better but still a massive work in progress though the squad is limited it does have potential

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
Stew0_0
January 5, 2020, 3:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from 28195

I would be the opposite of concerned with that comment. To me i read that as we was good but there is far more to come whether that being with the current crop or new recruits.

We can be far better on the attacking front anyway and we seem water tight at the back so expect all new signings to effect us in the front third.

Nice to be experiencing victories, endeavour and togetherness though.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
jock dock tower
January 5, 2020, 4:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Marinerz93
Hopefully some of those players who want to join us are realistic with their wage demands and will make us better.

If players are looking to join us, a team nearr the bottom than the top of the 4th level of English football it's because of the manager, not their wage demands. I imagine a good few of them will be players of the "almost made it but didn't" or of the "one last chance stab at glory" type. I think it's wholly refreshing for us to now be in this position, and what a difference a week makes.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Mayaman
January 5, 2020, 4:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
The only thing we lacked yesterday was a bit of confidence in front of goal.  A lot of the lads are looking for the perfect shot.  They should have a pop sooner.  Only one who had a go was Vernam.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "Tickety Tickety boo!"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.