Limerick Mariner
January 4, 2020, 5:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,659
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from dicko995
This is gonna be the biggest topic count going.  So, we win 1-0 away at Mansfield. We have 10 men for 80 minutes of the game, quick substitution, and we get 3 points. So.… is it Olly closeness, AL,s help. a bit of luck, the lads playing their hearts out, ref decisions, a bad Mansfield team?, its all yours. Are we under the spell of success?, I admit its a great start from Olly, but was it his doing?, all yours

Surely the building blocks for this result and the great future we now have were put in place by Russ Slade...

Logged Offline
Private Message
supertown
January 4, 2020, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Not really bothered, it’s just a great start  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Fishy clapper
January 4, 2020, 5:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
I’m thanking the white witch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
denni266
January 4, 2020, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Kama,, for the sending off. Great win and took loads of preasure off the team now for a bit .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 4, 2020, 5:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
bit of everything and Holloway isn't short on giving credit to limbrick, loved his post match interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
geir
January 4, 2020, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from dicko995
This is gonna be the biggest topic count going.  So, we win 1-0 away at Mansfield. We have 10 men for 80 minutes of the game, quick substitution, and we get 3 points. So.… is it Olly closeness, AL,s help. a bit of luck, the lads playing their hearts out, ref decisions, a bad Mansfield team?, its all yours. Are we under the spell of success?, I admit its a great start from Olly, but was it his doing?, all yours

I watched the game today and I would say that the boys really gave their all and they were obviously tired at the end. Does it have anything to do with Holloway? Yes, I think they played for their manager today but also for the fans and Waterfall. Don`t think it was luck at all - they really showed some fighting spirit and some skill to take this one home.
I am really excited to see how this will turn out when they`ve had some rest, some more training with Olly and when they once again will be playing with 11 men. Could be a really good second half of the season. No reason to not be an optimist!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
cjbill
January 4, 2020, 5:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from dicko995

I honestly think it’s a combination of all of those points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Les Brechin
January 4, 2020, 5:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
rancido
January 4, 2020, 6:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
It enough posters get involved it could be a massdebate !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
sonofmadeleymariner
January 4, 2020, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Yeah a bit of everything. I did think Holloway got his subs spot on and timed right. Pollock, Davis, Hendrie, Gibson and then Clifton were men possessed at the back today really help. No one was ever really caught out of possission and we looked really well drilled in how to play with 10 men. Not to mention that little bit of luck you always need.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Great Debate

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.