Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What relegation battle?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 218 Guests

What relegation battle?

This thread currently has 1,971 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Oly1987
January 4, 2020, 5:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
11 points clear from the bottom and 12 points off the play offs. Amazing what a couple of results can do. Not saying we could make a late charge into the top half of the table or possibly even a late play off place but...... live in hope!

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
January 4, 2020, 5:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Oly1987
11 points clear from the bottom and 12 points off the play offs. Amazing what a couple of results can do. Not saying we could make a late charge into the top half of the table or possibly even a late play off place but...... live in hope!

UTM!

Why not? We are not that far away from what i've seen and a couple of other teams apart, this league is much of a muchness. We are not conceding and if we can start scoring, we can soon work our way up.

Belief is returning and things can change very quickly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2020, 6:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Don't forget the game(s) in hand.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 6:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Let's just keep churning out results and see how we'll we can climb.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
January 4, 2020, 7:38pm
Guest User
If we’d got a result against Scunny our form would be up their with the best in the League. Credit to the young lads they have shown plenty of fight and character. This is not just down to Ollie.
Reply: 4 - 9
Jaws
January 4, 2020, 8:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
20/1 to make the play-offs. Not beyond the realms of possibility depending on who we sign this month,
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
99agrant
January 4, 2020, 8:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +127
Gold Stars: 4
12 points behind Forest Green with 2 games in hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
IlkleyMariner
January 4, 2020, 8:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Jaws
20/1 to make the play-offs. Not beyond the realms of possibility depending on who we sign this month,

We're 33-1 before today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217
8 points from the last 12 with 1 goal conceded and 3 clean sheets, keep getting clean sheets, get Hanson fit add a LHS wide player and a ball playing CM and who knows?

I’ve not seen everyone but apart from Crewe and Swindon nobody has struck me as anything special

Personally I reckon around 10th for a finish as long as we repay the Scunts at their place I’d take that

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
aldi_01
January 4, 2020, 11:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We’re still relegation fodder, along with several other clubs. Reality is that from about us down to the bottom all those sides are poor.

Would we have scored without it being an OG today? Doubt it. Without a good keeper would they have scored? Absolutely.

Naturally we’re all happy with the result and rightly so and it lifts our spirits and we move forward but we’re not a great side and have weak links and players who aren’t consistent enough. We just need to keep pushing on. I guess the most positive thing is, since the scummy game, probably including them, we haven’t played a good side over the last 2/3 weeks, given the wages Mansfield pay and the signings they’ve made they were once again a terrible side...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What relegation battle?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.