Stew0_0
January 3, 2020, 11:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
https://open.spotify.com/show/3j1qf0R7e850wX5vhGA2S1?si=loSqIQ94RD2DvTLM8VJJsg

Click the link above to find out more about our main man.
5 podcasts recorded in 2019. The last of which must have been recorded/uploaded around the time of town's first interest shown (15th December) in interviewing.

Listening to them myself atm but please enjoy.

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Mariner Timsky
January 6, 2020, 10:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Not listened to The Holloway Podcast just yet but searched on Spotify for Ian Holloway and found one called the Process - a really good listen and thoroughly enjoying getting to know more and more about Ian Holloway

The man has so many qualities that I like and the man just draws you in - so genuine and real - a great footballing character of our time

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Mighty_Mariner
January 6, 2020, 11:04pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Not listened to The Holloway Podcast just yet but searched on Spotify for Ian Holloway and found one called the Process - a really good listen and thoroughly enjoying getting to know more and more about Ian Holloway

The man has so many qualities that I like and the man just draws you in - so genuine and real - a great footballing character of our time

I've listened to that one and its great... Really interesting insights into his character and philosophy. Really like his comments regarding his 'principles of play'... Essentially saying tactics will change but these basic actions and behaviours don't... Ever!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Mighty_Mariner
January 6, 2020, 11:27pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Stew0_0
https://open.spotify.com/show/3j1qf0R7e850wX5vhGA2S1?si=loSqIQ94RD2DvTLM8VJJsg

Click the link above to find out more about our main man.
5 podcasts recorded in 2019. The last of which must have been recorded/uploaded around the time of town's first interest shown (15th December) in interviewing.

Listening to them myself atm but please enjoy.

UTM

I've listened to 3 out of the 6 so far... The two with questions posed by fans on Twitter are brilliant and very insightful and funny... But my favourite was the one titled 'The Real Boss' with his wife Kim. Its very clear that she rules the roost and the respect and adoration Ian has for her and his family knows no bounds.

I would highly recommend even just listening to the last 5 minutes when Kim is asked the question "What is the criteria when new job offers come in?"... They discuss in depth about it having to be the right people, the right adventure etc etc but the best quote for me was Kim talking about the fact they are now really settled in their lovely house and said of the potential of uprooting again:

"Put it this way, it would have to be something pretty special to prize me out of here"...

This was recorded well before Town were even thinking of getting rid of Jolley.

If that doesn't make you incredibly proud as a Town fan that these wonderful people have chosen to do that for us, are willing to sacrifice their family time, their house, city, stability to come and manage the club and live in our Town, at their point in their lives when they don't breed too do any of it, then I don't know what will!!

Thank you Ian, thank you Kim... This is going to be one hell of a ride!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
forza ivano
January 7, 2020, 12:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,154
Gold Stars: 265
I've listened to a couple and found them a bit frustrating, coz I'm trying to get an idea about what he might do with us footballing wise, and you have to go through the whole spam for feet nonsense to pull out the nuggets.
Hes obviously v keen on timekeeping, professionalism, the team effort and self belief. Was not surprised, but relieved, that he seems to believe in psychology and how it can be used to enhance both the team and the individual.
It is also evident that the stuff hes told us about the project, the legacy and what drives him to do this is a long standing wish/ view . I suspect hes touted this around various clubs over the last year, but nobody has took him up on it. Luckily for him and us we were desperate  enough,in the absence of any other viable contenders ,to go for it.
The most interesting part of the Twitter questions was the one about how you turn round a struggling team .its probably worth quoting in full if time allows,but basically it's to get everyone believing in the same aim and working together, with the first priority to get the defensive structure right first of all.
I think it's probably a pleasant surprise that we are not quite as bad as our position suggested and that defensively we are in pretty good, solid, well organised shape.i think the effort,the bravery and camaraderie in the squad on saturday will have been reassuring and another pleasant surprise
Therefore the priority is attack, hess n clifton got into the 18 yard box far more often, even with 10 men and he mentioned the short sharp intensive sprintswere up nearly 20% and were the best figures all season ( incidentally showing him not to be the out of touch Slade type dinosaur figure that some may have feared) think the next step will be the arrival of several attacking players.. ,hopefully young ones, rather than some the old stagers whove been mentioned.
It will then he interesting to see if he goes down the thrilling Blackpool style gung ho route or if he reverts to his more recent cautious approach. I hope and suspect it might be the former. The other thing I will be watching for is if ,given it's a bit of a free hit 4-5  months, whether he will be willing to give likes of buckley, Curran and starbuck a go. I understand  we also have a pretty good young goalscorer and a left back,maybe even they might be given an opportunity.  Just so exciting isn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Rik e B
January 7, 2020, 1:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Listened to 'The Real Boss' and its brill. I'm so made up with all this 🤗

Oh and Forza he well known and prides himself on blooding youth so that's another positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Brazilnut
January 7, 2020, 2:32am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Cant do all these pod casts myself but heard this morning on the radio  the "At Home with" series by Colin Murray from Radio 5 does one with Ian .....didn't say when recorded , but might be an interest to some of you  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Tommy
January 7, 2020, 9:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
jamesgtfc
January 7, 2020, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,949
Gold Stars: 190
I am halfway through the Pulis one which is absolutely great so far and well worth a listen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
forza ivano
January 7, 2020, 9:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,154
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Tommy

like that one Tommy. Similar theme, (obviously got long held consistent beliefs) and some parallels with us
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Holloway Podcast

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.