This thread currently has 10,599 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 5:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
The guys quality, still gotta pinch myself is this real?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
Limerick Mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,638
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rik e B
The guys quality, still gotta pinch myself is this real?

No doubt, superb interview. First Town manager interview I remember was Lawrie Mac after we'd been on Match of the Day, away at Bournemouth, Lawrie was very good in front of the camera and went onto punditry, IH can give a massive lift Gy and Clee like Lawrie did and make people feel proud again. I just hope he's here for alot longer...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
buckstown
January 4, 2020, 8:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
I said on another thread I'm so desperate for this to work out and not all be total bull$hit. It's going to be so interesting watching how the boys perform in the next few games. Will we see a step up in physical effort, style of play, movement off the ball, getting balls into the danger area and most of all finishing?
How many games should it take to see a difference or the suspicion it's all smoke and mirrors??
I'm so nervous and excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas. Please don't let me down Santa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
cannylad68
January 4, 2020, 9:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I remember Lawrie Mac being interviewed on a plane journey from a European game, on BBC TV, where he was asked about his view of one of the goalkeepers in the match.
His reply ' I've got 3 goalkeepers at Grimsby better than him '.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
January 4, 2020, 9:04am
Guest User
Quoted from buckstown
I said on another thread I'm so desperate for this to work out and not all be total bull$hit. It's going to be so interesting watching how the boys perform in the next few games. Will we see a step up in physical effort, style of play, movement off the ball, getting balls into the danger area and most of all finishing?
How many games should it take to see a difference or the suspicion it's all smoke and mirrors??
I'm so nervous and excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas. Please don't let me down Santa

In one of IH interviews he said he was happy with our solid defence and that he would be concentrating on improving our attacking going forward.

Reply: 24 - 41
Croxton
January 4, 2020, 9:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,003
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from sapper mariner
Does anyone eles have a problem with i follow i go to login with the correct password but get a loading screeen or it takes me back to the login # .

Yes. This happens when I try to log on away from home. This time, the email link for resetting the password isn't working. Nothing in Inbox, junk etc. Very frustrating. Says 'contact customer support' but no hint of how to do this. Tried to email but when I had to copy the numbers and letter code, to prove I am who I say I am it just gives another code. Same on lap top and phone. Back home now and using chrome as usual. Job for Monday now, soon time to head for Mansfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
rancido
January 4, 2020, 10:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
It mentions in the GET about his reaction after his first training session with the squad. One bit that did impress me was where he said " I'm going to give the lads a ten, because they did the little things that I wanted them to do probably six weeks down the line". So we have a squad that is able to listen and implement coaching instructions. I've felt all season that we have a fairly decent squad that just needed coaching properly - something that MJ didn't seem capable of.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
golfer
January 4, 2020, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Blatantly obvious that the team didn't know what jolly was talking about P.S. I don't think he knew himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
cmackenzie4
January 4, 2020, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Anyone else feel that this is all a dream? Haha just 2 weeks ago it was the end of the world and now we have Ian Holloway in charge of us who has openly said we have people queuing up to join us, he’s invested his own money and brought the feel good factor back (just at the right time if you ask me) I feel that we will move forward now, maybe take some time but while we have IH in charge of us and getting the right players in and getting outside investment who knows how far we can go.

It’s made my new year and I feel so positive about this.

UTMM

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
TownSNAFU5
January 4, 2020, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,823
Gold Stars: 42
To misquote the great Alan Turing:

“It is the manager that everyone expects so much of, that does the great things no Town fan thought was possible less than a month ago”

Or should we defer this for a few months and assess then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Press Conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.