Sigone
January 3, 2020, 1:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,606
Gold Stars: 5
our manager says:-
IH: My phone melted against my ear yesterday! I’m flattered by people wanting their players to come here. But I’ve got to hold it all back, and look how we’re getting on here first. I’ve got to be fair and give people a chance. #GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
January 3, 2020, 1:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Crazy

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
RonMariner
January 3, 2020, 1:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Plenty of L1 and L2 players would now be more than willing to come and play for IH. He can probably persuade some higher level players too.

So recruitment will be far easier than for may years. With Fenty already indicating he will put more cash in, we might very well get some quality additions very soon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
jamesgtfc
January 3, 2020, 2:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Fact of the matter is, he's one of those managers that players want to experience playing under.

He's charismatic, his stories are legendary. Read about the excrement in the changing rooms at Brighton before the play off semi final. Turns out that it was actually the Palace bus driver!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
jock dock tower
January 3, 2020, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The one thing I'd really love to see again at BP, and it could happen because of IH's connections, is the old seasoned pro like Whymark, Birtles, Nicholl, Futcher or the like to bring some kind of overall nous and stability on the pitch. None of them had decent legs when they came here but their knowledge of how to play the game stood them out above the rest.

Having scanned through the kind of player he's managed who fits that kind of description, you have Alex Baptiste at Donny (hasn't played for them this season as well) and Stephen Dobbie, a striker at Queen of the South, just 15 miles down the road from me who is still capable of banging in thirty plus goals per season. He's 36 now, but has scored 64 goals in just 111 games since moving back there from Bolton, and he's got a fantastic footballing brain on him.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Madeleymariner
January 3, 2020, 3:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from jock dock tower
The one thing I'd really love to see again at BP, and it could happen because of IH's connections, is the old seasoned pro like Whymark, Birtles, Nicholl, Futcher or the like to bring some kind of overall nous and stability on the pitch. None of them had decent legs when they came here but their knowledge of how to play the game stood them out above the rest.

Having scanned through the kind of player he's managed who fits that kind of description, you have Alex Baptiste at Donny (hasn't played for them this season as well) and Stephen Dobbie, a striker at Queen of the South, just 15 miles down the road from me who is still capable of banging in thirty plus goals per season. He's 36 now, but has scored 64 goals in just 11 games since moving back there from Bolton, and he's got a fantastic footballing brain on him.

Thats a decent average 6 goals a game whatever level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
louth_in_the_south
January 3, 2020, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
64 goals in 11 games . Not bad .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Stew0_0
January 3, 2020, 3:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
He's 36 now, but has scored 64 goals in just 11 games since moving back there from Bolton, and he's got a fantastic footballing brain on him.

Think its in 111 games.  Still impressive though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Mariner Timsky
January 3, 2020, 3:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
64 goals in 11 games . Not bad .

Just under 6 goals per game - sign him up!!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Hagrid
January 3, 2020, 3:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Deffo not 11 games😂 but still impressive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
TownSNAFU5
January 3, 2020, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
We have higher standards now for strikers than 64 goals in 11 games.  We can aim higher. 😉😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
GollyGTFC
January 3, 2020, 4:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347

Having scanned through the kind of player he's managed who fits that kind of description, you have Alex Baptiste at Donny (hasn't played for them this season as well) and Stephen Dobbie, a striker at Queen of the South, just 15 miles down the road from me who is still capable of banging in thirty plus goals per season. He's 36 now, but has scored 64 goals in just 11 games since moving back there from Bolton, and he's got a fantastic footballing brain on him.

Alex Baptiste started Donny's first 2 league matches but picked up a serious injury in the 2nd game.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 20
Squinter
January 3, 2020, 4:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Embleton back on loan wud be nice
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Tinymariner
January 3, 2020, 5:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I take it from the interview that IH will be having behind closed doors game to assess some trialists next week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
buckstown
January 3, 2020, 5:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
Do hope it's not all bull. I'm a town fan and I'm feeling optimistic again so it usually involves a massive crash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
dicko995
January 3, 2020, 5:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
I think it will be too much to ask tomorrow at Mansfield for Ollie to put his mark on the team, but I know the lads will play theyre hearts out for him. Ollie will have a little idea where the strengths need to be after the game maybe, but its not gonna be an overnight fix. As JF says, hes got money available if necessary, but there may have to be an offload to compensate. Im buzzing like everyone else, but if we all think about it logically, it may take a few games and a couple of signings to get where we want to be for this season. I don't think realistically its going to be the magical effect we expect, but I know we will be fine and relegation wont be a worry. Ollie has the passion and charisma to make us believe, and it will happen, in a given time. He has a hell of a lot to do in terms of the team, club issues, which he has sorted by signing as manager, and the new ground. He must have a lot of patience, and a superb wife who helps him, they are fully committed to GTFC, not many families would do this, and I praise them both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Northbank Mariner
January 3, 2020, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from dicko995
I think it will be too much to ask tomorrow at Mansfield for Ollie to put his mark on the team, but I know the lads will play theyre hearts out for him. Ollie will have a little idea where the strengths need to be after the game maybe, but its not gonna be an overnight fix. As JF says, hes got money available if necessary, but there may have to be an offload to compensate. Im buzzing like everyone else, but if we all think about it logically, it may take a few games and a couple of signings to get where we want to be for this season. I don't think realistically its going to be the magical effect we expect, but I know we will be fine and relegation wont be a worry. Ollie has the passion and charisma to make us believe, and it will happen, in a given time. He has a hell of a lot to do in terms of the team, club issues, which he has sorted by signing as manager, and the new ground. He must have a lot of patience, and a superb wife who helps him, they are fully committed to GTFC, not many families would do this, and I praise them both.

Very well put...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Rik e B
January 3, 2020, 6:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Agree, and can't forget Wifey, the Super White Witch, here to raise the curse from BP!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Ipswin
January 3, 2020, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rik e B
Agree, and can't forget Wifey, the Super White Witch, here to raise the curse from BP!

Whilst metal detecting and walking four dogs inthe centre circle

You really couldn't make it up!

Shame they don't give points for the entertainment value

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Rik e B
January 3, 2020, 6:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Maybe they could sort the osmond goalmouth out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
jock dock tower
January 3, 2020, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Thats a decent average 6 goals a game whatever level

Now suitably adjusted to 64 from 111 starts. Still an excellent return.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › everyone wants to join us now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.