Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Jermaine McGlashan to Grimsby
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 337 Guests

Jermaine McGlashan to Grimsby

This thread currently has 8,078 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 3, 2020, 2:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from STFCIan

See, I don’t think this is a bad time to take a risk. If we’re being honest I don’t think you’ll go down so I reckon you have a free hit for the rest of this season, although that may be quite boring. Think it’s about trying new systems and players with the hope of building for next season. Not sure if you’d agree with that though.

Thanks for the info and thoughts Ian - nice to have a friendly constructive away fan on here rather than the usual inbred Scunt invader.
i was thinking similarly yesterday when i saw McMahon resign at Macc and 4-5 of their players likely to leave as well. as you say it's a bit of a free hit to tinker with tactics and systems and perhaps allow another couple of our young players to have a try out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 3, 2020, 2:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Doing the Quest EFL has given him an ideal opportunity to suss out the players in L1/L2 on a completely objective basis. He is up to date and I doubt there is a player in any L1/L2 or even Championship squad he does not have an opinion about.

Other clubs will be hoping he has a budget to match his ambitions but even if JF dug deeper it would still be unlikely we could afford name players just now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
STFCIan
January 3, 2020, 2:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +110
Quoted from forza ivano

Thanks for the info and thoughts Ian - nice to have a friendly constructive away fan on here rather than the usual inbred Scunt invader.
i was thinking similarly yesterday when i saw McMahon resign at Macc and 4-5 of their players likely to leave as well. as you say it's a bit of a free hit to tinker with tactics and systems and perhaps allow another couple of our young players to have a try out

No worries, not a fan of Scunny either. Very cocky before our game on the opening day and seem a very bitter fan base. Yeah I think Holloway has a free hit and can build on something for next season - a lot like what Wellens did with us last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
forza ivano
January 3, 2020, 2:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
from one of Jermaine's old team mates at Aldershot

Haha! Thanks mate. Happy new year to you too! Jermaine is good. Absolutely rapid! Don’t ask him to cross the ball though or it could end up behind the goal! 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
TownSNAFU5
January 3, 2020, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
If he is wasteful in the final third, then he will fit in very well here.

That is, when we get into the final third.  We could do with a winger and Sir Ian is excellent at getting the best from players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Jermaine McGlashan to Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.