3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
STFCIan
January 3, 2020, 1:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +110
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You're not his agent are you??šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Haha, no his father! In all seriousness, I know one of his close mates who told me about Barnet a few hours ago. Sounds dodgy, Iā€™m aware, but itā€™s all true. Think heā€™d be a decent signing for you lot. Didnā€™t look like you had a lot of pace when we played earlier in the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Northbank Mariner
January 3, 2020, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from STFCIan

Haha, no his father! In all seriousness, I know one of this close mates who told me about Barnet a few hours ago. Sounds dodgy, Iā€™m aware, but itā€™s all true. Think heā€™d be a decent signing for you lot. Didnā€™t look like you had a lot of pace when we played earlier in the season.

We have pace but only in 2 players, which as it happened, weren't on the pitch when we played you...must say you did tear us a new one that day..
Not sure we really need another out of form player, we're struggling for confidence as it is to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
STFCIan
January 3, 2020, 1:19pm
Coke Drinker

We have pace but only in 2 players, which as it happened, weren't on the pitch when we played you...must say you did tear us a new one that day..
Not sure we really need another out of form player, we're struggling for confidence as it is to be honest.

Weā€™ve been impressive on the road but thought 3-0 flattered us a little. Yeah I understand why you wouldnā€™t want him, but if (and itā€™s a big if) you can get his confidence back, heā€™s an unreal player. Will cause the best full backs in this division all sorts of problems but he can be a little wasteful in the final third.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
FishOutOfWater
January 3, 2020, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from STFCIan
A little update: A few National League sides are unsurprisingly interested in him too with Barnet seemingly one of the clubs keen on McGlashan. However, Iā€™m sure if you can guarantee him football (not sure on your winger situation) he will sign for you.

I don't think any of us are sure about our winger situation to be honest  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 24
Northbank Mariner
January 3, 2020, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from STFCIan

Weā€™ve been impressive on the road but thought 3-0 flattered us a little. Yeah I understand why you wouldnā€™t want him, but if (and itā€™s a big if) you can get his confidence back, heā€™s an unreal player. Will cause the best full backs in this division all sorts of problems but he can be a little wasteful in the final third.

I get what your saying Ian, and I suppose we have a manager who has a knack of getting confidence back into players, just not sure we are currently in a position to be taking risks.
Would have said if this had been the summer window we'd have probably taken a punt on him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
STFCIan
January 3, 2020, 1:33pm
Coke Drinker

I get what your saying Ian, and I suppose we have a manager who has a knack of getting confidence back into players, just not sure we are currently in a position to be taking risks.
Would have said if this had been the summer window we'd have probably taken a punt on him

See, I donā€™t think this is a bad time to take a risk. If weā€™re being honest I donā€™t think youā€™ll go down so I reckon you have a free hit for the rest of this season, although that may be quite boring. Think itā€™s about trying new systems and players with the hope of building for next season. Not sure if youā€™d agree with that though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
lew chaterleys lover
January 3, 2020, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from STFCIan

See, I donā€™t think this is a bad time to take a risk. If weā€™re being honest I donā€™t think youā€™ll go down so I reckon you have a free hit for the rest of this season, although that may be quite boring. Think itā€™s about trying new systems and players with the hope of building for next season. Not sure if youā€™d agree with that though.

I don't think the rest of the season will be boring.

There is a revolution going on here.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 3, 2020, 1:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don't think any of us are sure about our winger situation to be honest  

Even our wingers arenā€™t sure either.

ā€œIf all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.ā€
ā€• John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 3, 2020, 2:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I can't see it tbh, Holloways said today his phones melted to his ear with everyone offering up players to come here, yes we need a winger but can't see us commiting to one in their 30s that's nothing too special when we're not actually desperate for one this season, probably be a loan deal if we can't get someone that we'd like to commit to long term
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
jamesgtfc
January 3, 2020, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Assuming Gibson goes back, we need a left back more than anything else. He wants to give youth a chance so wonder if this will be going Starbucks chance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jermaine McGlashan to Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.