Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More to this appointment than we think?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

More to this appointment than we think?

This thread currently has 19,953 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
January 4, 2020, 11:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Rik e B
Wouldn't Holloway have just bought 100,000 new shares at £1 a piece?

Yes, but what is puzzling me, is how he's going to sell them.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
ska face
January 4, 2020, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,641
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Yes, but what is puzzling me, is how he's going to sell them.

Like Swin has mentioned elsewhere, I reckon there must be an agreement in place where Fenty’s guaranteed to buy them back if/when he leaves. Fenty had floated the idea only two weeks back about purchasing more shares himself to inject some cash into the budget, so convenient that they’ve found a manager willing to do it for him. So the money goes in now, Fenty delays his outlay to some point in the future and Holloway isn’t left as a major shareholder in a club he’s left. That’s only a guess, mind.

This isn’t a dig at anyone or a conspiracy theory before people start crying, just trying to get an understanding of the situation.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
Oly1987
January 4, 2020, 12:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Nah Ollie will keep his shares and in 10 years time when we are a solid bottom half championship side he will retire but stay on the board...... Or I can dream anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
mimma
January 4, 2020, 12:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Why do people on here always look for a downside, or a conspiracy theory to try and put a downer on what has been an excellent week for GTFC and us fans?
I cannot get my head round some of the drivel posted by certain fans on here. They are never ever satisfied. If we won the champions league and league titles they would still moan about how much money shareholders make out of their shares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
ginnywings
January 4, 2020, 12:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
If we are in a new ground in the Championship, his shareholding will be worth more. He's backing himself to succeed, whilst showing long term commitment to the cause.

This is not a normal managerial appointment and i think he's looking to establish foundations here after his management days are over. Looking back to what JF said at the board meeting about getting away from managers coming and going and the squad changing every time we get a new man in- this looks to be a move to a more director of footy approach, with a recognised playing style and players coming through from youth to first team, overseen by a figurehead.

IH clearly thinks the new ground is more than a possibilty and going on his comments about his time at Blackpool, i think he sees us as the team to repeat that, but this time he wants to reap the rewards of his achievements.

Just need the new ground and the achievements to happen now. Over to you IH and the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Rik e B
Wouldn't Holloway have just bought 100,000 new shares at £1 a piece?

It all depends whether he bought A or B shares. Part of my job is to facilitate A share sales and generally they have a basic “book value” of between 50p and £1 per share in the case of Town the A shares are the ones that the public can buy. Though they have that value in theory the seller and buyer could negotiate based upon a perceived value calculated on profitability, cash position and most importantly in this case future activity. A shares don’t necessarily give you a board seat but do earn a dividend.

B Shares are the ones that usually have the most value as they do get you a seat on a board and as well as owning the shares from an accounting point of view you own the cash in the business, again the value usually sits in the eye of the buyer.

Not sure which ones IH bought and don’t care TBH as there is no hidden agenda or conspiracy in my view, it’s just someone wanting to make a difference IMHO

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
mimma
January 4, 2020, 2:04pm
Brandy Drinker
I invested £100 in a block of shares. I didn't do it to make money but to say that I own a small part of my club.

Don't suppose for a minute that Ollie is doing the same thing do we? Or is he trying to make money out of GTFC? (not a chance!) 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
Gaffer58
January 4, 2020, 2:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I am not looking for a conspiracy about the latest managerial appointment or his purchase of shares, as I’ve said previously I am as positive about this as everyone else, but my thoughts are on how Mr Fenty acquired an additional wad of shares for nothing, though they have a monetary value. Then he makes various “benign” loans to the club, which he is now taking back at around £200 to £250 grand per year, but I assume is keeping the given shares. So in theory he should only take back his loan money less the value of the given shares or in theory will he eventually make a profit on his loans plus shares. If I am incorrect then I’m positive someone will point out my error.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
mimma
January 4, 2020, 2:48pm
Brandy Drinker
JF said in his interview that he he is buying shares to put money into the club which WILL be used to fund new players. As it stands at the moment we have money but cannot use it on players. This is why he is doing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 9:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Yes despite Ollie's investment Fenty is still going ahead with share-buying to boost his warchest, the money from Ollie will definitely be available to boost next Seasons he said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More to this appointment than we think?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.