Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More to this appointment than we think?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 151 Guests

More to this appointment than we think?

This thread currently has 19,943 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Rhys_Mariners
January 2, 2020, 9:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Still trying to wrap my head around how we have pulled this off, it just doesn't seem fathomable that a manager of his quality would drop down to this level.
Having been at leicester, palace, blackpool , qpr , millwall. Having been paid off by a couple of those clubs too, I thought to my self he must be a millionaire? ( google says $5million net worth )
We know he has purchased shares, but my question is do you guys think there is a lot more to this appointment i.e buying the club or something along those lines.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
January 2, 2020, 9:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think he is here to buy the club, but with having shares  he will have more say than a normal manager, And for a change he will know what he is talking about
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
forza ivano
January 2, 2020, 9:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
There are a couple of other threads which is covering this at present, but yes it does appear that he may be involved with the mysterious second consortium. 2 thoughts spring to mind 1) he is their football figurehead and there maybe a business figurehead to appear out of the woodwork and 2) that there might be a connection to someone he’s worked for/with in the past. I’d hasten to add that these are only my musings but it has been said that we may see something happening before Easter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
Northbank Mariner
January 2, 2020, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
My own assumption and pure conjecture on my part...
To move from the South West, sell up lock, stock and barrel, to manage a lowly div 2 club in an unfashionable location does make you question:
1) why?
2) what's his end end game?
3) Is involved with something deeper than just the footballing side
4) His sanity?....
Personally I don't care, just to have Ian Holloway at our club is beyond wet dreams... completely made my 2020 and ignited something within this club that's been missing for 20 years plus...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
ginnywings
January 2, 2020, 9:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Perhaps he was just bored and wanted a challenge. Seems the type who doesn't let the grass grow.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 72
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2020, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
My own assumption and pure conjecture on my part...
To move from the South West, sell up lock, stock and barrel, to manage a lowly div 2 club in an unfashionable location does make you question:
1) why?
2) what's his end end game?
3) Is involved with something deeper than just the footballing side
4) His sanity?....
Personally I don't care, just to have Ian Holloway at our club is beyond wet dreams... completely made my 2020 and ignited something within this club that's been missing for 20 years plus...

His sanity? He’s loveably insane, that’s why he seems such a great fit.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
jamesgtfc
January 2, 2020, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
He keeps referring to Fenty so I get the feeling Fenty is staying on in some capacity.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 72
arryarryarry
January 3, 2020, 12:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
He clearly loves managing football teams so having been out of work for 18 months may have felt he wont get many more chances.

Whether he makes a success of being here who knows but I always like listening to him and am pleased he's here.

He may not decide to sell up his house down south but could well rent a house up this way as I understand Mr Jolley did.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
Kris2
January 3, 2020, 5:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jamesgtfc
He keeps referring to Fenty so I get the feeling Fenty is staying on in some capacity.

Fenty won't leave the club and that's a requirement for sale, he wants to be a figurehead locally both politically and in business and much of that will revolve around GTFC and local regeneration.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 72
lukeo
January 3, 2020, 8:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I think he knows a bit more about thhe whole selling the club and new ground that has been made public. But who cares? I've always dreamt of having Ollie here and now he is.

So the attendance on Saturday he managed to get almost 1,000 extra through the gate. I wonder if there is any stats around on hoow many extra people paid for iplayer? I'm one of those people. That was my 3rd time on iplayer but now I'm hoping to do it more often for mid week games!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More to this appointment than we think?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.