4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
January 2, 2020, 9:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I went to that QPR game and for some reason was in the away seats.

Was awkward when we scored!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
Poojah
January 2, 2020, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from forza ivano
How would you rate it compared the Easter smash n grab at wba when Luke Cornwall I think scores with our only chance?

Ooh, I remember that one as well, as well as the one at the beginning of the following season when Alan Pouton scored a spot kick to make it 1-0 after Coyne had made a double save from a Lee Hughes *spit* penalty at the other end.

They were both hilariously unjust, but I’d still go with the QPR one as the most undeserved win I think I’ve ever seen with my own eyes.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Les Brechin
January 2, 2020, 9:05pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Poojah

I couldn’t make it that night as I wasn’t born for another 6 months and my dear old mum seemingly didn’t want to go, so I can’t really make the comparison. It was, however, like nothing I’ve seen before or since.

Incidentally, I did technically take my lad to his first Town match at about 8 weeks gestation - Wrexham at Wembley in the Trophy final. Cold, cold game to take a hormonally charged, pregnant lady to, I’ll tell you that.

I was always under the impression you were older than that mate but that Everton game had to be seen to be believed. I think it was something like 20 odd corners to none and a similar amount of efforts on target to our 2. The other one was a weak grass-cutting bobbler from Steve Foley half way through the first half.

Our defence that night, Chris Nicholl and Batchy particularly were awesome that night. Still the most one-sided game I have ever witnessed where the team on top lost.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Heisenberg
January 2, 2020, 9:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I went to that QPR game and for some reason was in the away seats.

Was awkward when we scored!

It shouldn’t have been that awkward - ALL the town fans were in the away seats!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Heisenberg
January 2, 2020, 9:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I couldn’t make it that night as I wasn’t born for another 6 months and my dear old mum seemingly didn’t want to go, so I can’t really make the comparison. It was, however, like nothing I’ve seen before or since.

Incidentally, I did technically take my lad to his first Town match at about 8 weeks gestation - Wrexham at Wembley in the Trophy final. Cold, cold game to take a hormonally charged, pregnant lady to, I’ll tell you that.

If Wembley wasn’t a bowl, and had open corners like BP, I think the cold that day might have actually killed me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Poojah
January 2, 2020, 9:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Les Brechin

I was always under the impression you were older than that mate but that Everton game had to be seen to be believed. I think it was something like 20 odd corners to none and a similar amount of efforts on target to our 2. The other one was a weak grass-cutting bobbler from Steve Foley half way through the first half.

Still the most one-sided game I have ever witnessed where the team on top lost.

The wife does a sterling job of making sure I feel older than that, don't you worry. All I've ever seen of that night is the brilliant still photo of Wilco nodding past a rather svelte looking Neville Southall and the grainy footage of the goal itself along with the dying moments of the game up until the final whistle. The scenes behind the goal look absolutely incredible! Would've loved to have been there.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
forza ivano
January 2, 2020, 9:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Heisenberg

If Wembley wasn’t a bowl, and had open corners like BP, I think the cold that day might have actually killed me.

It was soooo cold. I was willing Wrexham to score just so we could go home!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
moosey_club
January 2, 2020, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,208
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Poojah

The wife does a sterling job of making sure I feel older than that, don't you worry. All I've ever seen of that night is the brilliant still photo of Wilco nodding past a rather svelte looking Neville Southall and the grainy footage of the goal itself along with the dying moments of the game up until the final whistle. The scenes behind the goal look absolutely incredible! Would've loved to have been there.

That short 3-4 min clip was just just a trailer of the whole 90 mins, ridiculous pressure, ridiculous weather, fantastic noise, old time policeman with old style hardwood truncheons whacking anyone across the legs who stepped out of line.....all adding to the greatness of that moment in our history. What a night. Took me about 2 days to dry off  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
Heisenberg
January 2, 2020, 9:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

It was soooo cold. I was willing Wrexham to score just so we could go home!

Don’t say that!

I remember being woefully unprepared for the temperatures - I think I just had a town shirt and a rain Mac akin to a bin liner!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
joe56
January 2, 2020, 9:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
The 2nd edition was published in 2011, updated with a chapter on Blackpool. Highly recommended. One of the better football biographies, and demonstrates that he is the intelligent, decent man he has shown himself to be during the last few days. We’re very lucky to have him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1p for Ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.