Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The most experienced manager.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 135 Guests

The most experienced manager.

This thread currently has 1,540 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 2, 2020, 3:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Well we have appointed the most experienced manager in the clubs history,

Yes some of our old managers have gone on to much greater things but they were raw when they started with us.

Ollie has done it all and has chosen to come to us and try and help us regain some of our greatness.

So I thank my old chum JF     for appointing him and to Kim  (   Mrs  Ollie  ) for agreeing to live up north so we can have the benefit of Ollies wisdom.

Ollie wants to leave a legacy here so I can see him taking us as far as he can then stepping down as manager and then stepping up as chairman. He will be in on the board meetings from the off as he has quite generously bought shares in the club.

What a start to a new decade I am tickled pink and the hairs on the back of my neck are still standing up.

After years of being in the doldrums we can at last look forward to a bit of success and a new stadium as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
January 2, 2020, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
Well we have appointed the most experienced manager in the clubs history,

After years of being in the doldrums we can at last look forward to a bit of success and a new stadium as well.

Second only to Lennie Lawrence and I assume it's going to be called The Ollie Stadium or somesuch

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
moosey_club
January 2, 2020, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
I started thinking , when during the press conference JF referred to the managers connected to GTFC who had acheived 1000 games in their careers and said that Ollie could achieve 1000 with us....the last 3 managers averaged just 52 games each so he might only just scrape it to 1000 on that evidence.  

In fact the last 10 managers have averaged just 83 games each ( and thats significantly effected by Hurst having 300+ ) , take Hurst out of the equation and the other 9 managers have averaged just 57 games.....thats a pretty damning statistic.

Hopefully this marriage will last a bit longer.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The most experienced manager.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.