forza ivano
January 2, 2020, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin
I don't like the reference to that Notts County bloke being one of the two possible takeover options mentioned by Fenty in the article in todays Telewag,
I thought he had killed that rumour off in his last message to us all.
I hope he sticks to his date of mid-January to cut off both the Dodds and Shute's plans and decides somehow to go it alone on the new ground
I was happy that Fenty wouldn't hand the club over to anyone not satisfying his conditions, but even mentioning the Notts County geezer worries me

i don't think there is any Hardy/Dodd involvement. if you read the article it's the Telegraph who's provided a link to their old story about Dodds rename of one of his companies. fenty doesn't mention it himself, and your are right, he specifically denied that they were involved in his interview a couple of weeks ago.
i understand that Shutes is almost certainly out of the story, but nobody knows who the second consortium is, although i'm pretty sure Mr holloway does!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
rancido
January 2, 2020, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from forza ivano

i don't think there is any Hardy/Dodd involvement. if you read the article it's the Telegraph who's provided a link to their old story about Dodds rename of one of his companies. fenty doesn't mention it himself, and your are right, he specifically denied that they were involved in his interview a couple of weeks ago.
i understand that Shutes is almost certainly out of the story, but nobody knows who the second consortium is, although i'm pretty sure Mr holloway does!

I'm sure you're right about IH being privy to info not yet in the public domain. This would help to explain why he's buying/acquiring shares in the club, why he's moving to the area and why he's here in the first place even though he is giving up a lucrative media income.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
mimma
January 2, 2020, 2:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Just a few observations of my own.

First about the last council. It is wrong to say they didn't do enough to support Great Coates. Many of them were season ticket holders and weren't allowed to take part in any discussions.  The labour leader even went down to Westminster to plead his case but his argument fell on deaf ears.

Freeman Street is surrounded by roads which after the game will allow traffic to leave the area like the streets around Blundell Park do now. It's certainly better than Peaks Parkway in that respect.

The new stadium will include facilities for thing like wedding receptions, conferences,  that's lacking since the demise of the Winter Gardens, which will significantly increase revenue. Maybe they could even relocate the Fishing and Heritage centre and include the Doughty collection and the Ross Tiger.  This would increase funding for the stadium project.

As for Town raising the funds, how do you think Spurs and Arsenal payed for their shiny new stadium? They did the same as you and I when buying a house, they got a mortgage over 25 or 30 years to pay for it.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that this has got to happen and that this is the best (and last!) chance we have of relocating.  If this doesn't happen then GTFC is doomed to die a very slow painful death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2020, 2:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano

Hardy's main business is currently in Administration and it's a mess so I doubt he'd be involved.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
grimsby pete
January 2, 2020, 3:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Regarding the funding of the stadium there are grants available for some of the cost,

If it is owned by the council we can rent the stadium at mates rates then rent it out for functions apart from the footy side and make a profit on that.

Plus it has been said  we have a mortgage for 30/40 or even 50 years to pay our bit off if we own the building.

What I can not understand is I spent 3 years of my youth working on those flats only for them to be  pulled down before I have kicked the bucket.!!!!

Disgraceful !!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
mimma
January 2, 2020, 4:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
If you built them better in the first place Pete they wouldn't have needed to be demolished 😁😁😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 2, 2020, 5:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from barralad

First time I've seen an acceptance that there is the need for further demolition. I've walked that area and it is criss-crossed with rows of town houses/maisonettes. I've never heard anyone talk about that as a consequence. Without that level of demolition the proposed site is not a regular shape.

Does that matter? Take a look at Brentford's new ground and the shape of land they have squeezed it into.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 2, 2020, 5:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from grimsby pete
Regarding the funding of the stadium there are grants available for some of the cost,

If it is owned by the council we can rent the stadium at mates rates then rent it out for functions apart from the footy side and make a profit on that.

Plus it has been said  we have a mortgage for 30/40 or even 50 years to pay our bit off if we own the building.

What I can not understand is I spent 3 years of my youth working on those flats only for them to be  pulled down before I have kicked the bucket.!!!!

Disgraceful !!!!!!

It's not the council's fault that you haven't dropped dead yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 44
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2020, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Does that matter? Take a look at Brentford's new ground and the shape of land they have squeezed it into.

Interestingly Ollie referred to Brentford as a role model to follow by gtfc!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2020, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Interestingly Ollie referred to Brentford as a role model to follow by gtfc!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.