barralad
January 2, 2020, 10:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

With a little bit more demolition it will be big enough , it’s the ideal site imo it could possibly rejuvenate the east marsh beyond belief

First time I've seen an acceptance that there is the need for further demolition. I've walked that area and it is criss-crossed with rows of town houses/maisonettes. I've never heard anyone talk about that as a consequence. Without that level of demolition the proposed site is not a regular shape.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
Gaffer58
January 2, 2020, 10:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
If it becomes a community stadium owned by the council, apart from match day revenue where does the club get the additional revenue Mr Fenty says we need to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Ipswin
January 2, 2020, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

With a little bit more demolition it will be big enough , it’s the ideal site imo it could possibly rejuvenate the east marsh beyond belief

Only if the 'little bit more demolition' covers the entire East Marsh area, now that would be a real boost for the town after all who in their right mind is going to want to park a car anywhere near there while they're at the match

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
aldi_01
January 2, 2020, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Plenty of folk park around there...have done for years...and again, sort of proves the point about lack of vision or forethought.

People should be encouraged to use public transport etc.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2020, 10:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I’m aware of a owner of a property in freemo hanging on hoping for a windfall , he’s waiting patiently I suspect many others are this could become a real financial headache
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 2, 2020, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
I’m aware of a owner of a property in freemo hanging on hoping for a windfall , he’s waiting patiently I suspect many others are this could become a real financial headache

Heard the same about a run down pub in the area that the brewery/owner are demanding nowhere near its actual worth

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2020, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from aldi_01
Plenty of folk park around there...have done for years...and again, sort of proves the point about lack of vision or forethought.

People should be encouraged to use public transport etc.

Exactly remember this would be an infrastructure project as well so I'd expect to see some form of bus terminus around there somewhere. Lets hope we can land it, I grew up around there and when I go back for games and to visit relatives every 2nd weekend it's certainly evident something.needs to happen.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
crusty ole pie
January 2, 2020, 10:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from gtfcmd
don't shoot me down I want to move grounds as much as everybody else but I still think freeman street not the best idea for a stadium, doesn't look big enough for a start and with all the football traffic its going to be a nightmare around there, yes you got parking for fans down the side streets, would be nice to move to new stadium after all the years of going on and on about it

Ffs where ever the ground goes the traffic will be a nightmare for 30 minutes after a match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
aldi_01
January 2, 2020, 10:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If folk get their knickers in a twist over traffic then we may as well just give up and not redevelop anything.

Out of town stadiums are dead. They don’t work and promoting public transport and more sustainable and environmental ways to arrive at the stadium should be encouraged.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
jock dock tower
January 2, 2020, 11:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's to be hoped that having someone of Ian Holloway's character as an investor might make others think the same too. Regardless of what political persuasion anybody is, the only way it will work is with full political co-operation. Let's hope that grandstanding and willy waving don't stand in the way of progress.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freeman street

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.