2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MarshMariner
January 2, 2020, 12:05am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
I noticed the overlapping especially when playing 442, however he seemed to underlap the winger more often, which I thought made us a bit to narrow..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
diehardmariner
January 2, 2020, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Robson has really found his feet and now he's added a little bit of bite to his game looks a different player.  

It's a shame we're not able to utilise him a bit more creatively as he's got a footballing brain and technically is very good.  Perhaps that will come as the side builds confidence a little and we're able to let the shackles off a bit.  

I'd like him to stay.

Can't see any issue with Gibson staying.  He's more than decent at this level, tidy and effective.  That's a long, long way away from the Premier League though.  If Newcastle felt he was worthy of a shot in their side I'd be very surprised.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Maringer
January 2, 2020, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
It's interesting that Robson has basically become more effective as a player putting in the challenges in the middle of the park as opposed to one trying to make clever passes or dictate the pace of the game. Truth be told, I haven't seen any real indication that he's got the capability of doing either of those things but his improvement in the physical side of things has been very helpful and he is otherwise tidy enough on the ball. I'd be very pleased to see him stay for the rest of the season.

Gibson just doesn't have the pace for Premier League or, perhaps any level higher than League One. He's been doing pretty well with us, however, since he has got his fitness up to scratch so I'd hope he will stay to the end of the season too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loanees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.