Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › If we got Holloway..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 355 Guests

If Holloway is in charge..
I'd continue to go to games
I'd come back to watch
No matter who's in charge aslong as JF is here I'm staying away
  View Results 107 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

If we got Holloway..

This thread currently has 3,358 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
December 30, 2019, 9:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Say we get Hollowaybut JF is still att the helm, is this enough for those of you who've stopped going to start going again?
Just read somewhere someone saying IH would put 1k extra on the gate, i genuinely hope that is true but who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
toontown
December 30, 2019, 10:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
I think 1000 is way over optimistic, but perhaps a few hundred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Fishy clapper
December 30, 2019, 10:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Desperate to start a poll?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Marinerz93
December 30, 2019, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think that a character like IH would bring back some of the floating fans but for any real change in gates there needs to be something extra to draw them back, players that excite, and most important of all, winning games.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Poojah
December 30, 2019, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from toontown
I think 1000 is way over optimistic, but perhaps a few hundred

It’s probably not that far off. If we use the Newell appointment as a barometer his first game in charge vs Wycombe saw a rise of around 900 on the previous home fixture against Barnet.

At the moment there’s almost no reason for all but the hardened town fan to go to games. No wins, no goals, no entertainment - a high profile managerial appointment at least gives people a reason to show an interest again.

I reckon the shock of appointing a well known and well liked two-time Premier League manager after almost two months of appearing to do the sum total of fúck all would draw quite a few people in.

Genuine question; other than Lennie Lawrence, who else in our managerial history has managed two different clubs in the top tier prior to joining us? And if Holloway can guide us to the top of the Championship and have us knock Liverpool out of the cup, I’ll be satisfied with that...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
ginnywings
December 30, 2019, 11:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
If the club sticks out their neck and appoints IH, then i for one would say ok, you have done your bit, now i will do mine and i will start attending again. However, if after a few games have passed and the football is still dull as ditchwater, and no new recruits have pepped up the squad, i would have to have a rethink, because quite frankly, i am not missing BP one bit at the moment. We don't even have to be winning games- i just want to enjoy going again and see some good football on the pitch. We all want to see some goals and goalmouth action.

If we decide to stick with AL and let him bring in some new players, then i will sit back and see what happens, because as much as most think he has had long enough, i have always advocated that any new manager needs a bit of time and at least one tranfer window before you can truly judge him. He has been so close to achieving a couple of wins in his time, and maybe with one or two key players brought in and Hanson back in the team, he may just have a swing in fortunes. I somehow doubt it, but we've all been wrong more than once.

I don't envy the task of the board at the moment because they are between the proverbial rock and hard place. Self inflicted maybe but it's still not an easy one.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Tinymariner
December 31, 2019, 12:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I have been wavering for a few weeks now, slowly falling out of love with football. On Sunday I attended and as I approached the pontoon turnstiles I got this overwhelming emotion and I realised how much I really love GTFC. I’ve been going since I was 4, I’m 47! Supporting Town isn’t a hobby or habit, it’s in my blood and I’ve been there through the good times and the terrible times, but I was there when ........etc etc. and I’ll still be there regardless of which manager/player/chairman is there. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Northbank Mariner
December 31, 2019, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Tinymariner
I have been wavering for a few weeks now, slowly falling out of love with football. On Sunday I attended and as I approached the pontoon turnstiles I got this overwhelming emotion and I realised how much I really love GTFC. I’ve been going since I was 4, I’m 47! Supporting Town isn’t a hobby or habit, it’s in my blood and I’ve been there through the good times and the terrible times, but I was there when ........etc etc. and I’ll still be there regardless of which manager/player/chairman is there. UTM

This in buckets!!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
wiggers
December 31, 2019, 8:57am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
I’ll show my bottom in Binnis Window. Will there be time before it closes down..........??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
lukeo
December 31, 2019, 4:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from wiggers
I’ll show my bottom in Binnis Window. Will there be time before it closes down..........??

Sorted.
Well Mr Fenty you have 36 people on here alone who are now coming back, let's hope they're followed by a few hundred then IF we start to get results a few hundred more!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › If we got Holloway..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.