5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
December 29, 2019, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
In a nutshell, if something doesn’t change, we’re going down.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2019, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 99agrant
First game for me this season and was pleasantly surprised
We we were solid defensively- the only real chance they had they scored from. Macca had very little else to do. Midfield were busy energetic and committed if lacking a creative force. We did however get joy down the wings and Vernam was a constant threat they couldn’t handle. We had a number of chances particularly two headers from corners in the 2nd half that both went wide. We looked like the only team who was going to win it
I have seen far worse Town performances and teams than this. Ogbu made a difference when he came on and kept making space for others. Rose was frustrating as he kept getting ball stuck under his feet.
I would stick with Limbrick as the players were committed and definitely playing for him. To me the alternative ie Holloway is definitely NOT the answer!

God you are easily pleased.

We had a good first 10 minutes then lost our way as usual till the last 20 when we rallied a bit. You don't think Holloway is the answer when we have gone 10 games without a win?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Heisenberg
December 29, 2019, 6:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 93

God you are easily pleased.

We had a good first 10 minutes then lost our way as usual till the last 20 when we rallied a bit. You don't think Holloway is the answer when we have 10 games without a win?

I’m with you on this, Lew, but isn’t it actually a total of 14 or 15 games already? Honestly,  I’ve lost count.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Rik e B
December 29, 2019, 6:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Best I've ever heard Vernon play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2019, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m with you on this, Lew, but isn’t it actually a total of 14 or 15 games already? Honestly,  I’ve lost count.

Lets just do it in tens. It will be 20 soon enough.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
Heswall Mariner
December 29, 2019, 7:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +584
Gold Stars: 30
Vernon scored 5 yesterday - eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
Yoda
December 29, 2019, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Vernon got 5 and Clee won 9-2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
moosey_club
December 29, 2019, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,212
Gold Stars: 226
Bright start...but faded fast....midfield too deep...Green too isolated, tie that with the midfield trio's lack of ability on the ball and we just ended up hoofing the ball aimlessly up the pitch losing possession...ended up sitting further and further back until they inevitably scored. Vernam the only real bright spark in possession, drifting past players and using the ball quite well.

Green off at half time , hard on him in some ways as he received little service and support, Rose just replaced him, still isolated, little service.

The introduction of Ogbu woke us up a bit, finally two players on the pitch who were happy to have the ball under pressure and could use it, too little too late however.

Limbrick certainly has solidified us, simplified us but the formation doesnt lend itself to creating enough opportunities. Any player up front is too isolated and doesnt get quality service, the wide players are too far from the striker when it goes upto him.

Vernam was a real spark today, without him we would have looked truly awful/ ordinary but the shape didnt give him the best opportunites to get on the ball.

While i understand Limbrick doesnt want to lose too many games, i think he could make us more dangerous on the ball, I didnt think Crawley looked that good themselves but we still struggled to overrun them as the formation was too conservative for me.

Didnt lose, didnt really look like losing but yet again certainly didnt look like winning either,  which is now looking like the summary of Limbrick's reign to me.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
Croxton
December 29, 2019, 8:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Surprised to see Green start after Rose had caused problems for Macc when he came on. AL said that Green  was replaced due to injury. If that was the case why not sub him earlier? Momentum was lost for several reasons but Greens lack of strength and movement meant that the possession was lost too often. I believe AL was being diplomatic.

AL said that he swapped Vernam and Wright to get Vernam on the ball more. Hello! is that not midfield's job?
There is no creativity in the engine room. Robson was ok defensively but he, Harry and Hess don't function as a unit trying to move us up the field and supply wingers in the final third. Credit to Vernam for dropping off to receive the ball, turn and attack defenders.

At least our full backs looked more assured than at Macc and Davis stayed on his feet. It was sad to see us string seven players across the back to defend a 1-0 lead from the second minute!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
Abdul19
December 29, 2019, 8:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Heisenberg

11 League, 2 FA Cup, 2 Trophy.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.