Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negative Fans
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

Negative Fans

This thread currently has 2,823 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
December 29, 2019, 11:38am
Guest User
I hope they don’t turn up today, they were an embarrassment at Mac. We have some of the best and worst supporters in the League but their negativity, chants, or cans of Stella don’t do us any favors. If we win our 2 games in hand we could be in with a decent run-in come Spring. It could be our best finish for 15 years. Not been a great decade but there are plenty of teams in a worst position than us. The 20’s will be a good decade for us again, like last time. UTM
promotion plaice
December 29, 2019, 11:51am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I agree, there are ways of conducting yourself at a game without getting abusive.
Having said that I can only feel negativity at the moment with what's going on at GTFC.

Let's hope for a win today to pick us all up... UTM

Not me but dare I say it, some might want us to lose today so Ian Holloway gets offered the job, short term pain for long term gain, just saying.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
GollyGTFC
December 29, 2019, 12:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Hardly surprising if fans are feeling negative. It’s 99 days since we scored a home league goal.

And for context, there was only 98 days between our last home league goal of last season and our first home league goal of this season.

It’s time the players stepped up and gave the fans a reason to not feel so negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 10
grimsby pete
December 29, 2019, 12:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
There is only one way to stop the negativity,

Come on players give us something to be positive about.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
grimsby pete
December 29, 2019, 1:02pm

Exile
Another reason to be negative,

I have just paid my £10 to watch the game on i follow,

Then found I have a bad leak in the bathroom, I have just cleaned it up and waiting for an emergency plumber to come out and fix it.

So I will be lucky to see the game.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
aldi_01
December 29, 2019, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Isn’t calling people negative fans similar to moaning about those folk who don’t see the point in booing etc.

Does booing work? Doubt it, but to be honest, with little to actually cheer about that’s not gonna work either.

People can request those who want to moan to stay away but are we really in a position to encourage people to stay away.

It’s about opinions and with the sums of money people pay for football at every level these days I suspect the so called nag tube fans will only increase, at every level and every game.

To be fair though, if people want to be vitriolic or show their frustration I’d suggest aiming towards the custodians of the club who have once again allowed us to be dragged in to this mess and seemingly learned nothing during 6 years in the football wilderness.

Out of interest, does anyone think showing zero emotion would have an impact? Like sitting in silence and showing nothing, would that have more have an impact? It’s worked on the continent...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
CodHead
December 29, 2019, 1:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from 28195
I hope they don’t turn up today, they were an embarrassment at Mac. We have some of the best and worst supporters in the League but their negativity, chants, or cans of Stella don’t do us any favors. If we win our 2 games in hand we could be in with a decent run-in come Spring. It could be our best finish for 15 years. Not been a great decade but there are plenty of teams in a worst position than us. The 20’s will be a good decade for us again, like last time. UTM

As much as I agree with you
It’s hard not to be negative when you can’t buy a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
ginnywings
December 29, 2019, 2:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,115
Gold Stars: 548
I had become so negative about all things GTFC that I decided to stay away for a while. The club need to do more to attract people like me back to BP. We need to see some positivity around the place. Only then will the negativity subside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
grimps
December 29, 2019, 5:23pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 46
I’d be sure that any other teams fans that haven’t seen a win for ten games would be a little on the negative side .
We can’t keep blaming ourselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
GrimRob
December 29, 2019, 6:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Two match unbeaten run. First time for a while.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 10
grimsby pete
December 29, 2019, 6:33pm

Exile
Quoted from GrimRob
Two match unbeaten run. First time for a while.

YIPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negative Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.