3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
December 28, 2019, 2:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
If Holloway is appointed then I think he would have no problems in his relationship with Fenty, after all he was at Blackpool when Oyston was in a similar position to our non chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Mendonca1995
December 28, 2019, 4:10pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Has to be Holloway surely that’s if he would come been at levels we could only past dream of

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
drbell
December 28, 2019, 5:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
I'm sick to death of this Fenty bashing after the fact. By all means be positive or negative on his reign, but at least be fair. Most people wanted Jolley. He seemed like a bold move, that many chairman would not have made, and was certainly the fans choice.
Under jolley people were mostly happy with the signings and the general feeling was that Jolley was well backed and we had spent decent money to acquire the likes of Hansen, Green, Ogbu, Waterfall, etc.

Personally I'm grateful he's here, as noone else wants the role. I'm also grateful he won't just sell to anyone. I believe a lot of our problems with growth, investment and player appeal stem from our relatively remote location away from major cities, without the wealth and existing businesses that houses which would support any large new complex along side a stadium.

However, I totally understand that many may feel Fenty has not done a good enough job. I have no problem with that view point, and it may well be correct. But the constant bashing of him effectively stating everyone knew previous managers and previous signings were below par at the time and must have been cheap is unhelpful and disingenuous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
jock dock tower
December 28, 2019, 6:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from drbell
I'm sick to death of this Fenty bashing after the fact. By all means be positive or negative on his reign, but at least be fair. Most people wanted Jolley. He seemed like a bold move, that many chairman would not have made, and was certainly the fans choice.
Under jolley people were mostly happy with the signings and the general feeling was that Jolley was well backed and we had spent decent money to acquire the likes of Hansen, Green, Ogbu, Waterfall, etc.

Personally I'm grateful he's here, as noone else wants the role. I'm also grateful he won't just sell to anyone. I believe a lot of our problems with growth, investment and player appeal stem from our relatively remote location away from major cities, without the wealth and existing businesses that houses which would support any large new complex along side a stadium.

However, I totally understand that many may feel Fenty has not done a good enough job. I have no problem with that view point, and it may well be correct. But the constant bashing of him effectively stating everyone knew previous managers and previous signings were below par at the time and must have been cheap is unhelpful and disingenuous.

It's not Fenty bashing, it's stating the obvious. We have been shite for 15 years or more, wihch coincidentally coincides with JF being the man in charge. What don't you understand?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
Zmariner
December 28, 2019, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from drbell

Completely agreed, far from perfect but a real fan and does care about the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
drbell
December 28, 2019, 7:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from jock dock tower

It's not Fenty bashing, it's stating the obvious. We have been shite for 15 years or more, wihch coincidentally coincides with JF being the man in charge. What don't you understand?

I don't understand how you can reply to a post when you haven't actually read it at all, lol.

I have no issues with the fact some people think if anyone other than Fenty was in charge then we would definitely be doing much better. I think it's wrong, but it's a reasonable opinion. Personally, sad as it is, think he has done above average, as many other chairmen would have seen us go the way of Bury and co and we might not have a club now.

My problem is people changing history after the event to suit their agenda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
PoutonStepover
December 29, 2019, 10:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Give it to Stacy Coldicott. Knows the club etc

Well known for his attacking style
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2019, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from drbell

I don't understand how you can reply to a post when you haven't actually read it at all, lol.

I have no issues with the fact some people think if anyone other than Fenty was in charge then we would definitely be doing much better. I think it's wrong, but it's a reasonable opinion. Personally, sad as it is, think he has done above average, as many other chairmen would have seen us go the way of Bury and co and we might not have a club now.

My problem is people changing history after the event to suit their agenda.

Just as a matter of interest, why do you think nobody could do a better job than JF? What criteria are you using?

The only positive is that we are still in existence, so are you basing your opinion on that?

JF is not investing in the club, he is taking his loans back out if reports are correct. He has leant us money in the past but wants it back (understandable from his personal point of view, but unfathomable to me, after all there surely has to be some penalty for failure)

We spent a long time in non-league, and have had a miserable 15 years with no improvement on or off the pitch, so I am curious to know why you think nobody else would have made a better job of it.

Surely somebody else with the ability to attract and retain investment into the club, with a more positive approach to the supporters and a more dynamic business model would have made a better job of it?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Madeleymariner
December 29, 2019, 8:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
We keep talking about Fenty in vesting when are the other board members going to put their hand in their pockets and buy more shares to up the playing budget
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Tommy
December 29, 2019, 11:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Baffles me how 25 people have voted to give Limbrick the job when he hasn't won in his 8-game caretaker spell, having scored a grand total of 2 goals during that time.

I think he's a good bloke and probably a really good coach. He doesn't deserve any of the childish name-calling I've seen on social-media, but I'm afraid he doesn't deserve the job permanently either.

Why we're still intercourse-arsing around about this with no win since September i truly have no idea.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.