Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is the point of the trust.!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 313 Guests

What is the point of the trust.!!

This thread currently has 10,027 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
December 30, 2019, 10:31am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from MarinerWY

I imagine people laying in accusations that the trust were bullied by fenty, capitulated etc. did join up and vote at the time?

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but so are the facts. Basically Fenty threatened the sale of Liam Hearn unless the shares were handed over and also the Trust controllers recommended that the membership vote for handing over shares.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
SomeSanity
December 30, 2019, 10:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pizzzza

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but so are the facts. Basically Fenty threatened the sale of Liam Hearn unless the shares were handed over and also the Trust controllers recommended that the membership vote for handing over shares.

I believe the term selling of the assets was used. Like many others I panicked and voted to hand the shares over.

Again, this was a collective decision by all members of the trust board at the time cannot be held solely to blame for this. If I remember rightly, they were a fledgeling board, Learning how to deal with the club. In hindsight I feel these guys are a rabbit caught in the headlights.

That said, none of this actually matters now That said, none of this actually matters now,  Hearn was crocked just a few short months later and the rest is history.

In regards to the point of the trust, they are seemingly in bed with a club and I will believe that until somebody shows me otherwise. It is very sad that just a few short years ago we as a collective achieved operation promotion lead by some forward thinking guys. Unfortunately, as we all know these people are no longer involved for whatever reason. And the other fact remains, if people want the change from within the trust they have to get involved with the trust. Fresh blood required I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
dapperz fun pub
December 30, 2019, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
When those shares were handed over the trust finished for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
aldi_01
December 30, 2019, 10:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Don’t forget that the club itself does not regard OP as a success, nor does it see the point of the Trust. It’s tokenism from the club and as I stated earlier, plenty of discussion about the Trust could be had but at this stage, as a collective fan body, trust member or not, our attention should be aimed at ousting or influencing change at the top...

We all know there are those that for some odd reason cling to the nonsense that Honest John saved us, that he’s just doing his best and all that balderdash but if the fans actually mobilised then those with those views would be suppressed and the board would excrement it...as they usually do when the fans mobilise...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
TheRealJohnLewis
December 30, 2019, 11:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Serious question to the trust and JF.  When JF sells all his shares to relinquish control of the club, will he be gifting the shares back to the trust or will he be profiting the half-million?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
aldi_01
December 30, 2019, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Serious question to the trust and JF.  When JF sells all his shares to relinquish control of the club, will he be gifting the shares back to the trust or will he be profiting the half-million?

I think we all know the answer to this...let’s face it, I think we’d all agree he probably sees it as his rightful cash/shares anyway...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
Yoda
December 30, 2019, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,922
Gold Stars: 62
The trust is dead and morally bankrupt gifting all those shares to JF was a disaster.
As for joining the trust to change things i wouldn’t give the trust a penny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
barralad
December 30, 2019, 5:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
Facts are us.
The decision to gift the shares to JF was taken as the result of a properly constituted vote. I hand delivered voting papers to the significant local membership for whom we didn'the have e-mail addresses.
We were a new board. The decision of Mr Parker to gift us his shares was done to the previous Trust Board-all of whom without exception had advised of their intention to quit.
The first decision the new board had to make was whether we should recommend the shares be handed to JF. At the time without the benefit of hindsight JFs threat to liquidate resources was impossible to ignore. The Trust Board decision was not unanimous and some members left almost as soon as they'd joined.
The result was overwhelmingly in favour. Not that I'm bothered personally but the Trust were in a probable no win situation. Had we recommended "no" and J.F had enacted his threat the same people criticising the "yes" recommendation would be the same people blaming the Trust for a longer spell in the National League because we'd sold our best player(s). Comes with the territory I guess.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
arryarryarry
December 30, 2019, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Whatever anyone says it was still a balderdash decision for the Trust to drop their trousers, bend over and get shafted.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
Yoda
December 30, 2019, 8:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,922
Gold Stars: 62
Fenty was bluffing he would want to see town go down and his investment fall to zero.
He bluffed the trust and they fell for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is the point of the trust.!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.