Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 207 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 11,068 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2019, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217

If only someone had written this last year or the year before or the year before that .........

Copy it and paste it in next December Herts!

I don't agree with the booing either but at what age does a player become eligible for a boo? The frustration just grows like Topsy year on year and at some point it inevitably bursts out, usually with the wrong targets.

Already saved in drafts.....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
aldi_01
December 27, 2019, 3:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting how some become very self righteous on here without actually knowing a lot...I mean to make assumptions about where people were stood and who they’re friends with is interesting...

I guess people read what they want and make their own judgements...haven’t actually heard anyone condoning throwing anything on the pitch but hey, if folk won’t to assume that’s what people are doing then fill ya boots.

Just admit, it’s shite, some see yesterday as an improvement, a lot don’t...the club has gone backwards since re-entering the league and there’s buggerall to suggest anything will change with the current regime...and having missed only 6 games in that time, it’s merely an opinion...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
December 28, 2019, 12:08pm
Guest User
I’ve been to some shitholes over the years but up their with the best. After a day stuffing my face with Christmas goodies enjoyed the game on Boxing Day. Similar pattern to previous games, we are playing ok but missing 2 quality or experienced  players. Like society Town fans are divided, half blaming Fenty for our lack of progress the other pragmatic, supporting the players and believe the footballing gods will get us three points. UTM
Reply: 52 - 53
Rik e B
December 28, 2019, 11:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Was coming down with a bug but travelled, suffered on the open terraces first half, sat in seated area huddled in a ball second. And struggled driving home then been in agony bed ridden since only just finding a moment I can text coherently or see screen straight..

But anyway, didn't really take the match in fully with the 'flu onset but what I saw we tried hard and created chances. Look dangerous at times Max Wright out wide for example and some good balls in.

Hoping Ogbu would seize his chance through the middle, but he struggled.

The pitch was awful, AL wants us to stick to our passing ethos but you couldn't hit a straight pass on that pitch without it bobbling all over, swampy in places too.

Good to see Vernham looking the biz.

Im never one to agree with booing unless the most heinous of shirt-disrespecting performances are put in, but this lot care you can see that.

There's just been a bit of bad air, be it the Swedes on mega money, different factions, a growing disdain for Jolley or whatever which hard to immediately rectify.

Get a few out to promote squad harmony would be a start.

But yeah, on to the booing, these boys try, calling them male masturbators is unnecessary, the 'moderate majority' were bravely telling them to shut up and back the team, I tend to stay neutral as can just create more and more vitriol and bitter infighting, though I did mutter to myself 'back the team' once or twice. And I was buzzing thinking that'll shut em up for a bit when we scored but it didn't.

Listen I'm as frustrated as anyone else about the running of our football club, I've gone from vehement Fenty backer turning about face to the point I received a pm inviting me into his office as my comments 'very unfair'.

But I'll never do anything to knock the player's already fragile confidence on a matchday.

I wanted to stay and clap the boys but the players were faffing about on the other side of the pitch too long and I had to race to car get blowers on and die.

Disappointing to discover ten minutes later my mates Son came under a torrent of abuse from members of the angry mob for clapping the players to the point he thought he risked physical assault.

You've a right to your opinion boys, don't bully or intimidate others around you into falling into line with you.

You could say the Town moderates should allow the angry mob's right to an opinion, and to an extent I agree, although I don't like it and toxicity is painful, but at least they don't make you feel like you might end up in an ambulance for having a different opinion.

Right my head hurts after that gargantuan effort given my status, gonna give Crawley a miss guys, lesson learnt -just not worth the suffering.

(Setting the 'flu off some more that is, not the endless pain of supporting 😉)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.