Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 216 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 11,112 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Bawmariner
December 27, 2019, 1:09am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +323
Gold Stars: 1
Wasn't at the game but if people were booing that performance they need their heads checking. I've seen far worse performances against worse teams.

Having watched the game on IFollow, I thought we played ok. Yes we aren't clinical enough, the tackle by Davis was stupid and we often didn't break quick enough particularly when Robson was on the ball. We did however create a number of chances. Wright was unlucky with both his. The first he should have scored putting it inches wide but the second had a significant bobble on a terrible pitch. We never really looked like conceding either apart from the penalty.

Overall, it was another frustrating day but positives such as the sharpness shown by Vernam have to be taken from the match and built on. A point away is never a bad result..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
GYinScuntland
December 27, 2019, 1:13am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
It's nice when everyone gets on together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
Mayaman
December 27, 2019, 1:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Come off it. I booed them at the end as Macclesfield were absolutely shite from start to finish. We were somehow 1-0 down at some point to one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Our expectations and demands have fallen to such a level where we are okay with salvaging a point against a load of carthorses who, good lads as I'm sure they are, our fans think it is somehow acceptable not beat them, and our players should be applauded off the pitch like Lords for a excrement point?

balderdash to that, Macclesfield were shite, yes the pitch was shite but we had the ball for long periods of the game. We gave them a clown like penalty and should have battered them.

I'll not applaud failure, and you shouldn't either IMO.

Unfortunately, that's where we are at the moment.  It's a reality.  We can only start here and move forward.  You don't have to applaud but booing isn't going to help. It will knock confidence.  Show me a side who have been successful without confidence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
monkeyboy
December 27, 2019, 6:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I find it very strange how these idiots can do this at away matche but you dont see them booing and protesting outside BP? if they wanted the Chaitman out etc surely they would do a protest there?

More like a few drunk up dicks on a jolley to cause trouble, trouble at a club where the staff and fans need the support of fellow league fans.

Pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Numanoid
December 27, 2019, 8:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Thank god we didn't lose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
aldi_01
December 27, 2019, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Reality? Really? That’s what we’re saying, so therefore fans can’t have expectations that we’d be better than this? Fans have the right to do as they please. Does booing help? Doubt it. Does cheering when we are still awful help? Not really, it shows that we’re accepting of the dire state.

Were the folk singing Fenty out drunk? Some where but given that several of the folk near me were singing and letting their feelings felt, even if not shouting at the top of their lungs, were designated drivers, no, not all were drunk.

There’s a reason we’re replicating what’s happened before and that’s a really obvious reason...perhaps some just don’t want to or can’t see it for whatever reason.

Roll on New Year’s Eve when, after a draw at home to Crawley we’re alerted to another pointless statement that tells us nothing and just reinforces the fact that we should all just put up and shut up...accept this tripe served up and be happy because we’ve got a new portacabin and some floodlights...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
Croxton
December 27, 2019, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from aldi_01
Reality? Really? That’s what we’re saying, so therefore fans can’t have expectations that we’d be better than this? Fans have the right to do as they please. Does booing help? Doubt it. Does cheering when we are still awful help? Not really, it shows that we’re accepting of the dire state.

Were the folk singing Fenty out drunk? Some where but given that several of the folk near me were singing and letting their feelings felt, even if not shouting at the top of their lungs, were designated drivers, no, not all were drunk.

There’s a reason we’re replicating what’s happened before and that’s a really obvious reason...perhaps some just don’t want to or can’t see it for whatever reason.

Roll on New Year’s Eve when, after a draw at home to Crawley we’re alerted to another pointless statement that tells us nothing and just reinforces the fact that we should all just put up and shut up...accept this tripe served up and be happy because we’ve got a new portacabin and some floodlights...

Some twisted and self serving logic here. You and your pals have the right to express your views. We all accept that on purchase of a ticket that we abide by EFL and stadium rules. Home and Away. Scunny fans should not have thrown the pyro on the pitch ,for example. Your mate should not have thrown the can of beer on the pitch yesterday and ALL of you should have respected the taped boundaries on the terrace. Macc had only just got their safety certificate back!

I sometimes urine off surrounding fans by complaining about certain players' shortcomings, team selection, tactics etc and get tutted at. Fair do's. Making w@nker signs at our younger players?

Don't tell fans who travel home and away, many hundreds of miles, staying in B n B's, spending the kids inheritance etc. that we are 'accepting' the situation if we applaud the team. We are as frustrated as you.

Every time fans bully stewards (Oldham), throw pyros (Morecambe), urinate in the sink,(Notts County) and disregard stadium rules you make Dale's rant plausible and Kristine's job harder. You do not have the monopoly on outrage at the state of our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
Bradford Mariner
December 27, 2019, 10:34am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
And here's me thinking we had the 'best supporters in the land' ...

If you don't like what you're watching, don't go, gates will drop and the message will be transmitted loud and clear.

Just don't abuse your own players FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2019, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Not been well since the Scunny game (clearly that made me sick) so could not travel yesterday but watched on i follow.

What I saw was a set of Town players who are either quite young and inexperienced or not at EFL level (not their fault) trying to adapt to a different way of playing and trying to pass the ball instead of hoof it on a poor pitch with no credible striker in the middle of the three up front..Similar to the last few games I saw them putting in challenges, trying to win and keep the ball and working to close down the opposition.and they actually made some chances but admittedly due to lack of technique/experience made some poor decisions in front of goal and at times in defense .  

I also saw a Macc Team who once the deductions have been taken into account have won more points than us half way through the season, where at home and in recent weeks haven't been beaten. Considering our goal drought should we be putting the Macc lads to the sword? I'm not convinced TBH.

Like everyone I want and we deserve better but unlike quite a few followers though it p1sses me off I see the lethargy we have as a club, how average & thin the squad is and at the moment and the lack of clarity about the Manager situation and  to be honest my expectancy is low.

All that said I do expect some goals and a little bit of entertainment and the Manager & Coaches have an obligation to set the team up to deliver this, similar to the players though I think our back room staff are not the level yet we need to progress.Then again they've had very little to work with in reality.

Do I think it's right to boo the players off? No not really, don't clap them  turn away and leave but booing them when they appear to have done their best won't make them do any better on Sunday when we play Crawley.

Like all clubs we have "an element" in our support and sadly I recognize a handful of them who are regular home and away, like us they are loyal as they spend a lot of surplus income on following Town unlike the vast majority they can't express their dissatisfaction unless it's in the form of abuse, poor behavior and getting on the backs of the players, stewards and as my lad found out at Notts County the season before last fellow Town travelling supporters.. .    

Is the current situation good enough? No absolutely not but it is what it is at the moment and as Town "supporters" the best thing we can do is "support".

UTM!    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 27, 2019, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Not been well since the Scunny game (clearly that made me sick) so could not travel yesterday but watched on i follow.

What I saw was a set of Town players who are either quite young and inexperienced or not at EFL level (not their fault) trying to adapt to a different way of playing and trying to pass the ball instead of hoof it on a poor pitch with no credible striker in the middle of the three up front..Similar to the last few games I saw them putting in challenges, trying to win and keep the ball and working to close down the opposition.and they actually made some chances but admittedly due to lack of technique/experience made some poor decisions in front of goal and at times in defense .  

I also saw a Macc Team who once the deductions have been taken into account have won more points than us half way through the season, where at home and in recent weeks haven't been beaten. Considering our goal drought should we be putting the Macc lads to the sword? I'm not convinced TBH.

Like everyone I want and we deserve better but unlike quite a few followers though it p1sses me off I see the lethargy we have as a club, how average & thin the squad is and at the moment and the lack of clarity about the Manager situation and  to be honest my expectancy is low.

All that said I do expect some goals and a little bit of entertainment and the Manager & Coaches have an obligation to set the team up to deliver this, similar to the players though I think our back room staff are not the level yet we need to progress.Then again they've had very little to work with in reality.

Do I think it's right to boo the players off? No not really, don't clap them  turn away and leave but booing them when they appear to have done their best won't make them do any better on Sunday when we play Crawley.

Like all clubs we have "an element" in our support and sadly I recognize a handful of them who are regular home and away, like us they are loyal as they spend a lot of surplus income on following Town unlike the vast majority they can't express their dissatisfaction unless it's in the form of abuse, poor behavior and getting on the backs of the players, stewards and as my lad found out at Notts County the season before last fellow Town travelling supporters.. .    

Is the current situation good enough? No absolutely not but it is what it is at the moment and as Town "supporters" the best thing we can do is "support".

UTM!    

If only someone had written this last year or the year before or the year before that .........

Copy it and paste it in next December Herts!

I don't agree with the booing either but at what age does a player become eligible for a boo? The frustration just grows like Topsy year on year and at some point it inevitably bursts out, usually with the wrong targets.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.