3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
December 24, 2019, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,774
Gold Stars: 41
We need to print some T shirts; “%I was there when Town scored”.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
TownSNAFU5
December 24, 2019, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,774
Gold Stars: 41
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
December 24, 2019, 6:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Not much of a market for them at the moment. I'd like to think there might be sometime soon, though.  
Reply: 12 - 26
fishboyUTM
December 24, 2019, 9:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

That's Cardwell then!!.. or possibly Rose..🤔

Cardwell is not a young player, he's 23.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Abdul19
December 24, 2019, 10:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from 137
I'm not sure the gods of football have forgiven us yet for letting Podge Amond walk away...

To be fair, we had a lad on 19 league goals by the next January

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
December 25, 2019, 4:20am
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19

,,,who was always going to move on to better things, whereas Podge could still be with us now, converting the chances we aren't taking..

Town always will have a problem scoring goals as any decent striker moves on. Things won't change unless/until we get more money and more ambition
into the mainstream of the club.

I can accept us selling a star striker, but to let one walk away....beyond senseless, to my way of thinking at least. 37 goals. Think about it.
Reply: 15 - 26
ginnywings
December 25, 2019, 7:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 137

,,,who was always going to move on to better things, whereas Podge could still be with us now, converting the chances we aren't taking..

Town always will have a problem scoring goals as any decent striker moves on. Things won't change unless/until we get more money and more ambition
into the mainstream of the club.

I can accept us selling a star striker, but to let one walk away....beyond senseless, to my way of thinking at least. 37 goals. Think about it.

Yeah but they were all 'easy' goals- he couldn't score against decent sides. Always scores against us though.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Ipswin
December 25, 2019, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Abdul19

That only makes it worse , imagine if we'd kept both of them!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
fishboyUTM
December 25, 2019, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

That only makes it worse , imagine if we'd kept both of them!

We couldn't have kept Bogle who should now be set up for life despite not really pushing on. Amond was different, though I hear he was pushing for a move pretty much as soon as he signed. I also hear we did agree a contract with him then changed the terms of the deal.

Anyway, we have Akeem Rose who doesn't look up to it IMO, Matt Green, on his way down, couldn't get a game in the National league last season who is 33 next week despite giving his all, he is fading, 32 year old James Hanson who is arguably past his best, and 23 year old Harry Cardwell who it's fair to say hasn't set the world alight (some may be surprised he isn't a kid).

My point is signing these players are conscious decisions taken by Michael Jolley. In fairness, all are giving their all, Green and Hanson are knocking on a bit, and we haven't exactly played to Hanson's strengths, he's been carrying knocks for a while.  

I have a lot of time for Akeem Rose in particular who gives everything, the jury is out on his abiity, but he isn't far away. Fortunately, we have Charles Vernam who I really think can be quality for us, he was excellent last game v the filth, it's fair to say he needs to step up now. Playing him wide won't help.

We need two new strikers, simple as that due to poor and short sighted signing policy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
December 25, 2019, 4:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Yeah but they were all 'easy' goals- he couldn't score against decent sides. Always scores against us though.  

Hey, I'm a broad-minded kind of guy...I don't mind if Town score easy goals!  
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.